Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Deutza !!

mizellie
17 years ago

The wind here has been so bad in the last week that everything is being beaten to death. This pink pom pom deutza has been beaten to the ground, ( almost ) by the rain and wind. It is trying to bloom out but isn't having much luck. Such a beautiful bush too , usually....Easily rooted too, for the inquiring minds who want to know...Ellie

{{gwi:632407}}

Comments (14)

• flower_lover5
    17 years ago

Oooh, Ellie - that's beautiful. I have 'Pink-a-boo' Deutzia, but of course mine isn't blooming yet. It shouldn't be long, though 'cuz I took this picture May 23rd last year. They are definitely a beautiful bush when they bloom!!!
    I don't think I had ever heard of them before I bought the one I have 7 or 8 years ago, but I'm glad I found it.
    Sorry the rain & wind is beating everything up for you :(
    It's gotta get better soon.
    Tammy

{{gwi:632408}}

• riverratspaz
    17 years ago

Ellie it looks like that thing can take a pretty good beating and keep on going. It looks real nice you cant tell its been through anything.... of course thats the first ive seen before so?......

G

• mlwgardener
    17 years ago

Goregous!!!Ok ladies, do you have any rooted cuttings and what would you be interested in for a trade?? I've learned that flowering shrubs are wonderful to have in my MS red clay. With just a little admends they seem to grow and florish with ease, unlike some other blooming perinnals. If you have a want list, please email me and we can discuss a trade???Thanks, Mona

• flower_lover5
    17 years ago

Sorry Mona, I've never rooted cuttings from it. If I can find time to squeeze it in, I plan to though.
    I actually took some cuttings to root last year, but they sat in a bucket of water & rotted :(
    Tammy

• highjack
    17 years ago

Ellie is this one of those shrubs you can beat the slop out of and get to take? If so, please whip me up a couple!

Brooke

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mona & Brooke, these are easily rooted . If you have the long limbs as I do, you just bury it with a rock. I will put some in the ground tomorrow for you both ( if no rain ) but it will be fall before they are ready. I have rooted so many limbs it isn't funny and give them away as fast as I root them. No swap necessary, Mona. I'll let you both know when I get ready to ship them..They grow pretty fast and need lots of room.. Brooke, I have your addy, mona can send me hers.....

Thanks G for the compliment. The bush stands pretty much upright but is touching ground in several places..

My friend has one of these that looks exactly like mine and hers is called Pink-a-boo like yours Tammy. I haven't seen a difference unless one was ( ours ) was mislabeled when we bought it. They are both beautiful....Ellie

• rsts
    17 years ago

Very nice pictures Ellie and Tammy. Gee the things one learns on this side of the Daylily Forum. This is another plant I have never seen.

• highjack
    17 years ago

I hadn't seen or heard of it either Royce and yes, Ellie, pin some down for me. It is gorgeous and is my favorite color.

I too, enjoy the other interests of my daylily friends. It gives a great picture of the rest of the gardens to compliment the daylilies. I like multifaceted people.

Brooke

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brooke, i cut some and beat the slop out of it and stuck them in the wildflower bed to root. I have never tried this with the Deutza but thought it wouldn't hurt. I also pinned some down.

Royce, this can't be called a plant.. seems to me that plants are flower types. This is a bushy tree. Standing about 6 and 1/2 to 7 ft tall. Want me to beat one up for you??. If the ones in the flower bed root, I will have plenty.

Really is windy again today. AND it's supposed to rain , Again .. I just want to take off my jacket.

Brooke, we are a multifaceted bunch aren't we. makes things so interesting....Ellie

• numama
    17 years ago

OH MY GOODNESS! Ellie and Tammy those are absolutely GORGEOUS!
    I want some! Please, please, please!
    Ellie, maybe by the time I figure out which DLs I want you could stick in the box with those? Hehehehe
    Nancy

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Better get the list soon Nancy. It will take until fall at least to root some of the Deutza no matter how I do it. Get busy girl. I need that list...Ellie

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Hey Ellie,
    Can I get on the list for one of those too? Maybe there's something I've got I can send you later on.

Janet

• rsts
    17 years ago

Ellie, thanks for the offer, but will pass. I already have too many other projects to complete. I very much appreciate you thinking of me though. The PLANT is beautiful. lol

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay janet. You are on the list.. I will have to put more down I can see. It will be in the fall, though...

mud, mud..I like the name you pinned on yourself Royce. To bad, your new roomie ( when you get one ) would really like this one.

Here is my list, I think..Brooke,Mona, Nancy U and Janet...Ellie