Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ponytail_gw

GW Spammer?

ponytail
19 years ago

HI all! I am posting this because I care. I will probably get a friendly reminder fropm Spike... LOL...

but I know how good you people have been to me with your sharing your advice and knowledge and I know how long and hard ya work at growing and taking care of your plants.

Below is what I posted on the seed and plant forum and gonna put it on the Iris forum as thats the only other place I go.

I especially wanted to post it here and the Iris cuz I know this person is on these two forums and I would hate to see ya lose out.

Here is the copied post.

Hi all! I probably shouldn't be posting this, but gonna anyways. LOL and gonna put it on several forums.

Now I know I am not the best trader. I lose emails with computer illeracy and life is very stressful right now , so I am either forget what I am doing or just slow in trying to get everyhting out. I do try to make up for it if and when I can.

So too I want to say Thanks to those of you who have had patience and still traded.

But what I wanted to say was as usual I am slow to responding to an email for a trade. My sons illness and me stressing got in the way. Well this morning I finally got time to answer and send links to the pics of seeds that they said they didnt know.

The email received back and forth from this person contained no name on any of them and was not even addressed with a Hi or thank you or anything.

Just one one liners. After I sent a firt reply to this person my email has been acting up again and locked me out of it for several days.

Today, the email I tried to send with updated information came back with the following message that this persons email had been locked and came back as mailer-delivery failure. I have not included the person addy only the message I received.

Remote host said: The URL contained in your email to

AOL members has generated a high volume of complaints. Per our

Unsolicited Bulk Email policies, AOL will no longer accept email with the URL

contained in your message.

TRANSACTION FAILED

Two things here folks. I wonder if this is where alot of lot of those false emails we garden webbers have been getting is coming from.

Secondly, Any body have any idea how they do it? I do not have enough computer expeience to know. And is there any way to protect ourselves.

Alot of information is passed back and forth through here. I know we don't particularly care for those friendly little reminders ..LOL but it at least shows that Spike is watching.

I know Spike does the best he can to protect us all .... Thank you Spike.... but is there some other way we can be aware to be safe?

This is the first time I have come across a gw person with this type of thing and am at the moment totally lost.

Thanks all ! Ella

Comments (3)