Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
riverratspaz

Garden Pics.... mainly DLs

riverratspaz
17 years ago

Here are some pics from around the house, garage. Most of them are DLs and im taking as many pics as i can so i can get used to the camera.

There are a few seedlings in the bunch. the others are all named.

G
PARADE OF PEACOCKS

{{gwi:632718}}

SPIDER MIRACLE

{{gwi:632720}}

JANS TWISTER

{{gwi:632722}}

SEEDLING

{{gwi:632724}}

?

{{gwi:632726}}

?

{{gwi:632728}}

RED RIBBONS

{{gwi:632730}}

SIDEWALK

{{gwi:632732}}

Agapanthus

{{gwi:632734}}

PARKER

{{gwi:632736}}

Comments (14)

• laurelin
    17 years ago

I really like your unknown just above 'Red Ribbons' - I like the delicate, detailed lavender eye on cream. I'm getting ready to place a small order with Marietta, and I'll have to see if they offer something along those lines. I "need" a couple purples/lavenders and another pink/rose, since I expanded a front bed this spring. . . .

(My kids like Parker, by the way. The "Can we get a puppy?" chorus is deafening around here lately.)

Laurel

• numama
    17 years ago

Hey Gerard,
    Could that be Destined to See above RED RIBBONS? Mine is not blooming yet but it sure looks like it to me.
    Nancy

• riverratspaz
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Its got a tag in the dirt somewhere around it?
    I use stamped aluminum tags (engraved type thing) so ill have to dig around to find out for sure? The yellow ribbon-like one too is a registered CV just have to get the tag from under the giant ant hill at its feet. Reluctant to get rid of the ants though i had an aphid probelm a week or so ago which disappeared with their arrival, also found some termites around the fallen bark around the pecan tree, and i know the ants eat those too.... so im going to let them stay for the time being?
    g

• mizellie
    17 years ago

G, the yellow spidery one looks like the seedling pic that I sent you except my was multiple. last year was his second blooms so am axious to see what he looks like this year. here is the pic....Ellie

{{gwi:631831}}

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

I'd like to place an order for Spider Miracle and Parker, please.

• riverratspaz
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You can have PARKER but not SPIDER MIRACLE.
    shes always coming back from the pasture caked in cow manure (fresh) completely coated in the stuff. Stinky and nasty wanting to rub up on you. Then she rubs half off on the rug, and the other half all over the yard in the grass, and you step in it and smell it for weeks!!!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHH come get her right now!!!
    G

• mizellie
    17 years ago

G, the pic that numama thinks is " Destined To See " also looks like Off Beat, Maryott. Have you ordered from Bill in the last couple of years?....Ellie

• numama
    17 years ago

Actually upon closer examination...my pic of destined to see has a purle edge, your pic does not.

Here is a sampling of what is blooming in my garden now besides Iris but a few of those too!
    One of my potted new arrivals ... DARK MUSIC
    {{gwi:632739}}
    Louisiana 'Black Gamecock' Iris...It's third year in this spot and finally blooms!
    {{gwi:632742}}
    Some of my favorite shrub roses that start out orangey changing to pink
    {{gwi:632745}}
    Love In A Mist
    {{gwi:632748}}
    TB Iris VOODOO CHILD
    {{gwi:632750}}
    TB Iris STARSHIP ENTERPRISE
    {{gwi:632752}}
    TB Iris Yours Free
    {{gwi:632754}}
    TB Iris QUANDRY
    {{gwi:632756}}
    TB Iris IN YOUR DREAMS
    {{gwi:632758}}
    TB Iris RHYTHM ... yes this is classified as a FLAT TB Iris!
    {{gwi:632761}}
    TB Iris DOUBLE CLICK
    {{gwi:632764}}
    TB Iris CHASING RAINBOWS
    {{gwi:632768}}
    TB Iris DEVIL'S FORK ... I LOVE THIS ONE!
    {{gwi:632770}}
    and looking down on it ... definitely one of my favorites and the first time I've seen it bloom!
    {{gwi:632773}}

• marcia_m
    17 years ago

Wow, Gerard, they all look great. I especially like Parade of Peacocks. I won't be seeing any DL blooms for a couple months! Except on the new ones that had scapes when they arrived.

I am definitely going to have to look for DEVIL'S FORK--that's a beauty, Nancy.
    Here are a couple I have blooming--no names, unfortunately:
    {{gwi:632775}}
    {{gwi:632778}}

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Wonderful pictures, Gerard! Love your brick walkways! I wish! Parker, too...sometime I'll post some of my "helpers".

Nancy, those iris are so beautiful! I'm leaving today for 10 days and am so sad that I'll miss the rest of mine....plus, a few of the southern daylilies are starting...and I'll miss those, too...boohoo. Looks like Mississippi Memories will have two buds open TOMORROW...don't you know it!

Katie

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

Devil's Fork and Starship Enterprise are at the top of my list, now -- thanks for the pics, Nancy.

• flower_lover5
    17 years ago

Beautiful pictures, you guys
    Nancy, I love ALL your irises :)
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!

• mizellie
    17 years ago

They are really gorgeous, nancy. Good blooms and these should really make Brooke pout..Hehehe!!!...Ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

Ellie has a mean streak - obviously.

Brooke