Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Iris pic.

mizellie
17 years ago

Just one iris blooming that's special right now. This is mary D.

Boy is it raining outside..I was going to do some spraying today and Lo and Behold, the sprayer isn't working AGAIN. The pump won't even come on. I used it 2 weeks ago...LOL..this seems like it happened last year , too!! 100.00 bucks for a pump...EVERY YEAR....Ellie

{{gwi:633353}}

Comments (12)

• rsts
    17 years ago

Very nice picture Ellie.

Brooke has a super duper sprayer, she can describe.

• numama
    17 years ago

Love the Iris color Ellie! I think this is my last hurrah as far as Iris go this year.
    Here is what is blooming now and probably all will be done in another week.
    Nancy
    DEVIL'S FORK...one of my favorites! Especially when you walk by looking down on it.
    SIDE VIEW
    {{gwi:632770}}
    TOP VIEW
    {{gwi:632773}}
    SEAKIST
    {{gwi:633355}}
    GRAND CIRCLE
    {{gwi:633356}}
    STARSHIP ENTERPRISE
    {{gwi:632752}}
    Last bloom for SOTO VOCE
    {{gwi:631797}}

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

Nancy, where did you get Devil's Fork? I've been looking on-line and haven't been able to find it. Grand Circle's pretty, too.

• numama
    17 years ago

Chris, I can't exactly tell you where I got it since my computer crashed and I lost all my info on flowers purchased last year. I think I ordered it from either Blue J Iris or Snowpeak Iris and daylilies. The order was placed very early in the season I do know that! I don't have the web addresses handy as I am work right now but I'll bet a google search should give you a link to them.
    Nancy

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I picked up a couple of cone flowers on the way back from Ar. They are unusual, to say the least. At least, I have never seen these before....Ellie BTW. brooke, don't ask me for botannical names because I ain's agonna dig them labels up.!

Yellow Coneflower
    {{gwi:633357}}

Orange Coneflower

{{gwi:633358}}

• highjack
    17 years ago

How about these botanical names - Paradox and Iforgetwhattheorangeone is called. That's about as botanical as I can get.

Brooke

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's what happens when you spend so much time piddling. Paradox, is that for real?

What kind of sprayer do you have? If it's on a tractor, I will pass. mine is on a trailer , pulled behind our mower. I would love to have a good pump that I don't have to replace every year. Actually, we found that there was a short in the switch and we replaced the switch. It works now, but when I really need it, ( jap beetles ) it probably won't.....ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

I had and note the word had, Paradox for two years and it forgot to come back this spring. I don't know why since the winter was mild and not really wet. I know they don't like wet feet but it survived the winter of waterwings so thought I was home free.

The orange one might be Meadowbrite but that is relying on a faulty memory cell. You know how the faulty cells work -things flit in and out and I have no control over the flitting.

What kind of sprayer do you want - my hubby has bought every sprayer known to man. We also have the sprayer, 25 gal. I think, that is pulled in a wagon by the tractor and it operates off the battery of the tractor. The tractor has to run the entire time you spray and it wears on his nerves. The one alteration he made was with the hose which is now longer and after another adjustment of some kind, sprays harder.

We have the backpack sprayer which gets old carrying four gal. of liquid and constantly pumping the handle for the pressure. I can't use that one because the weight compresses my spine and that's a no no.

I use the pump it up by hand sprayer, two gal. container and low pressure spray.

His newest toy he saw at the MWS at Pickles gh and he is in love with it. Go to rocketspray.com (with all those http and www's in front of it) and he got the ultra light. I don't know the gallons,guessing 4-6, you charge the battery pack by plugging it in and it rolls on wheels. It also has great pressure to the spray. It cleans really easy and you can use it for multiple purposes - herbicides, fungicides, etc.

I wish there was someplace where I could sign the hubby up to be a product (really adult toys) tester. It sure would save me lots of money. As long as I can keep the flow of new toys coming in, he is a great worker!

Brooke

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have the hand pump kind, ( several of those ) and the 25 gal tank on a trailer that's pulled behind the mower. We have put a toggle switch by the ignition so I don't have to get on and off all the time. My problem is a pump. I buy one nearly every year and would like to have a rugged one that will last for awhile. it doesn't have much pressure either. I will look at therocketspray.com web-site and see what they have. Thanks...Ellie

• Edward_Kimball
    17 years ago

My irises started this morning.

{{gwi:633359}}

• Edward_Kimball
    17 years ago

Here is Beverley Sills.

{{gwi:633360}}

• rsts
    17 years ago

Beverly Sills is nice. I had that one, when I grew Irises and it was one of my favorites.