Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsts_gw

whew !!!!

rsts
17 years ago

Well, the repair guy repaired my dishwasher yesterday. The problem was that it would not pump the water out of the dishwasher. As soon as he left, I immediately moved everything (well, at least as much as would fit) from the sink to the dishwasher. Turned it on, water flowed in, but now it would not wash or pump out the water. Hmmm, that is repaired? Called him and he came back today. This time I stood and watched. Had left everything in it in case that made a difference. He turned it on and it worked perfectly! Hmmm. He tried it several times and finally it did not work. I will go dishwasher shopping tomorrow.

Finally had a daylily bloom that is probably a hybridizing keeper. I am not showing a picture because it is just another yellow. I have others that look more impressive in pictures. What makes it distinctive is the size. It is 7" with 3 3/4" wide petals. It and the one Tammy sent me, might give some interesting sized seedlings.

It is now hot and dry here. The grass makes crunching noises when walked on. I am watering daylilies, strawberries and blueberries. Bugs are getting most of the strawberries now, but I still want the plants to do well.

I am ready to do some piddling. Been too busy this week, for a retiree. Hope to finish shopping for a dishwasher tomorrow and run some other errands. Then, the weekend will be piddling time.

Comments (10)

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Hurry up Mud, you must be hungary by now. I have posted a pic of Gathering Sunshine on the Dl side. It isn't as bright as I thought it would be but the first bloom is really nice. Take a look while you are choping the chinese...Ellie

• numama
    17 years ago

Royce,
    REMINDER: Paper plates and disposable dinnerware!
    MMMMM Chinese! I want some!
    Ellie,
    Here is a pic of the wild clematis I sent home with you. I doubt yours will bloom this year? You will let me know?
    Not the best pics, doesn't really catch the real hue of the purple fading to greenish yellow.
    {{gwi:633373}}
    Clump of blooms
    {{gwi:633374}}

• highjack
    17 years ago

Love the clematis!

Royce I'm sure glad you are getting the dishwasher today and can get back on your property for the next few days. In case you have forgotten, it is a three day week-end and those 9-5-ers will be out and about for the next three days, crazed. Be sure to check the date on your computer, it will be safe to venture out again next Tuesday.

Brooke

• highjack
    17 years ago

Forgot (another downside to being a retiree) - whadda ya mean you won't post a picture because it is just another yellow?

Brooke

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Yea mud, that's what I wanna know???

Nancy, the clematis is real pretty.. Now wht did I think it had already bloomed?? Yours is in the shade, isn't it or is it filtered ( dappled)? Inquiring minds want to know...Ellie

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Whew!!!
    Hubbie got the dryer fixed yesterday. Good thing too. I was almost out of underwear. Not a pleasant thought!

Got the last of the dayliles planted at the house moved up to the farm last night, just before the rain hit. Royce, sorry that it's so dry there. We were needing a shower. Got 8 tenths Wed. and don't know how much last night. The weekend's going to be dry. Somehow I think a little fishing could be in line for one of the evenings. One good thing about all this digging and dividing is that I can pick up worms at the same time. More efficient you know.

That is a very pretty clematis. Never seen one in the wild. I have a purple one that's grown up the side of the house and is heading into the box elder tree. Tree's so ugly I can't bring myself to trim out the clematis. Makes it easier on the eyes this time of year.

Oh, I think I'm rambling at this point. As someone that's not retired I think I'll end my fifteen minute lunch and find some paying work to do

Janet

• numama
    17 years ago

I have found this clematis growing everywhere! Existing plants are more abundant in part sun/shade areas. The one I took pics of grows in more sun than shade.
    Now that us 9-5ers have an extra day off, we'll actually be able to accomlish a bit more in the gardens! Add a couple lil ones to the list and time will tell! Here's hopin LOL!
    Nancy

• rsts
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brooke, I think those 9 to 5-ers cheated. Got the dishwasher Friday, but it was very crowded for a weekday. Sorta think some of those 9 to 5-ers cheated and took off Friday. Gee, you would think they would be satisfied with getting Monday off. Some of them might have been on vacation, which reminds me of another disadvantage of being retired. We don't get vacations. Still have to get the dishwasher installed. The repair guy is supposed to do it Wednesday, after he takes off the weekend, a holiday and who knows what. No problem as I have now found the old one will work if I keep jiggering it long enough.

For those north of me, it is now payback time. All that nice weather I had earlier, while yours was bad has changed. Temps have reached into 90s every day but one, for the last week.

Janet, fishing is ok, if you can find a cool, shady spot AND don't use any bait. If you use bait, you might catch a fish. Then you gotta go through the old routine of taking it off the hook, rebaiting the hook, cleaning the fish, etc., etc. Easier to just not use bait.

Ellie, I missed the picture of GATHERING SUNSHINE. I did see the picture of Jan's seedling from CHERRY CHAPEAU. It is a beauty. I have gotten looping ruffles like that from SPACECOAST STARBURST. Wonder if SS or a relative could be the pollen parent?

• highjack
    17 years ago

Royce I agree about those 9-5'ers cheating and taking extra days off for a reallllly long week-end. It makes it tough on us retirees trying to run our errands and avoid them.

We went from high's of 55 and 30mph breezes (?) and hit almost 90 today with awful humidity and NO BREEZE. It has been windy all fall, all winter and all spring - now where is it when I need it. Royce you really must get you some shade so when the hot and humid drives you away from the daylilies, you can work in the shade. All the energy I had all spring has disappeared and the last 1 1/2 hours I worked today were a big old chore.

No piddlin' tonight - I still have containers and newly planted hosta seedlings to water. Then I am heading straight back to the air conditioning.

I have a feeling tomorrow might be an entire day of piddlin'.

Brooke

• laurelin
    17 years ago

"An entire day of piddlin'!" What a wonderful thing to look forward to. I just snatched a little piddlin' time tonight (watered a few new annuals, my daylily seedlings, and my front porch containers; trimmed back my 'Wonder of Staffa' asters and my Russian sage), and it felt mighty good. Maybe I can eke out a little more piddling time tomorrow while I let our kids turn into prunes in the wading pool. (I still need to cats-cradle the tall asters, and tie up a couple peonies I missed on the first round of staking. I'm sure I can find other productive-relaxing-but NOT work tasks to do, if I look around a little.)

Laurel