Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

Someblooms other than dl's....

tweetypye
16 years ago

Here's a few photos of what's blooming around my garden, other than daylilies at the moment.

An unknown amaryllis that was rescued from my children's grandmother's old home last fall.

{{gwi:633427}}

An unknown TBI

{{gwi:633428}}

A scene from one of my garden beds. The yellowis coreopsis, the rose is Old Blush Climber, and the fuchsia blooms are lychnis.

{{gwi:633429}}

Another uknown TBI

{{gwi:633430}}

Louisiana Iris

{{gwi:633431}}

Japanese Iris

{{gwi:633432}}

Waterlilies on one of my ponds.

{{gwi:633433}}

And one more TBI

{{gwi:633434}}

Hope you enjoyed the blooms from my garden. :)

Jan

Comments (9)

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I just loooove the amaryllis. I've never seen one like it. Do you think it would be hardy in zone 7? Mona

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I truly couldn't tell you Mona. It is lovely isn't it? My youngest son bought his grandmother's home last fall, and he gave me her potted plants that she didn't take to her daughter's with her when she moved. This amaryllis was in a pot in the backyard, and I just happened to find it while looking around. I planted it in one of my beds, and it seems to be thanking me for recuing it, doesn't it? :)
    Jan

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I searched online for the amaryllis above and found this one. Sure looks like it, what do ya'll think?

Aphrodite
    {{gwi:633435}}

Jan

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Definitly similar. it truly is a beauty too..( the amaryillis, I mean ). The yellow tb iris looks a lot like Joyce Terry. In fact I have a yellow one blooming that I am not sure. I think mine is Bold Look but am not certain. I had so many one at time, that when I moved them and got rid of most, I didn't keep the labels.

{{gwi:633436}}

If you look at the foliage in the background, you will see why I AIN'T growing Iris'.

Your garden looks colorful..I can hardly wait for some more blooms here. Nice to enjoy the flowers, isn't it? It probably smell really good right now too!!...Ellie

BTW, the Amaryillis, are not hardy outdoors in the winter here in my zone 7a. You can dig the bulbs and pot them or just keep them in a pot as Tweety's was done, then take them in for the winter. I had some outside but only the very old fashioned ones get to bloom. The others turn to mush and finally grow a little one or two but never bloom. It's been so long, I forgot which ones I have...

• numama
    16 years ago

Beautiful photos Jan! Thanks for sharing them.
    Sure wish Amaryllis was hardy here! Love them, just not an indoors plant person here, I kill everything that's indoors.....LOL!
    Nancy

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy, I grow African Violets indoors. I have about 15, most of which I've had for years. They fill the void in the winter with their beautiful blooms. :)
    Jan

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Lovely photos, Jan! Your last iris (the blue/pale yellow bicolor) reminds me of my 'Edith Wolford' irises:

{{gwi:633437}}
    (Sorry for the old 35mm photo - this was last year, pre-digital.)

Laurel

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Laurel, it does resemble that one, doesn't it? I didn't get much bloom on my TBI this year. I guess that Easter cold snap must have hurt the bloom buds, although it didn't seem to bother the foliage. This is only their 2nd year in that bed and they bloomed great there last year. If they don't show lots of improvement next year, they're out of here and I'll plant dl's in their bed!!!! :) Maybe I'd better go tell them that, huh? LOL
    Jan

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

WOW, you have a beautiful garden

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH