Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pollinatorbob

Lavender Blue Baby seedling

pollinatorbob
16 years ago

I think I did it. I saved photos to photobucket. I wanted to list two, but cannot get it through my head how to do that{{gwi:633477}}. So I'm doing one here and one on the next post. I would like you all to let me know which of the two you like the best. They are both from LBB. Thanks. Bob

Comments (12)

• pollinatorbob
    Original Author
    16 years ago

here is the second one..let me know which one your prefer. Thanks. Bob{{gwi:633478}}

• pollinatorbob
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's another one...compare the two and let me know which you prefer. Thanks. Bo{{gwi:633478}}b

• pollinatorbob
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oops...I didn't think it took..I hate it when the computer is smarter than me.

• mizellie
    16 years ago

To large but I think I like the first one the best. Ellie

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

Ok, If i'd read this post first, I would have known what LBB is. Thanks and I like the second one.

To post a second picture in the text of your message, just go back to photobucket, do another copy, come back here and space down inside your text a couple of lines, type in your name or another message, then paste your photo HTML tag. Now do your preview of your message and both photos should show.

I think I'm right, it's toolate for me to be sure. If it doesn't work, maybe someone else can tell you, Mona

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

I'm liking that funky "cheese curd" in the second seedling. It reminds me of one Nancy bought last year -- Michael's Sword? If the color of the petals deepens a bit, I think it'll be very striking.

Chris

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

Hi Bob - My vote goes to the first one. The blue is more pronounced and it has a better form. But the second one is interesting. I'd hang on to it for awhile so I could watch it develop.
    Kathy

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

I like th first one best too, but like Kathy said, the next one is very interesting, and lots of people will like it because its different, I think. It does remind me of Michaels Sword.
    The first one reminds me a little of Palace Garden Beauty for some reason. Are these first time blooms for these seedlings? It will be interesting to see how they do in their next bloom season.
    Jan

• pollinatorbob
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, when I first tried it, only the first one showed up. So I did it again and all of a sudden I had three, but not right away. I will know to wait for a while next time for them to appear. This was a trick question for you all. Actually they are both the same flower! It will have some like the first and some like the second on any given day. "purple many faces is taken" too bad. But thanks for all your instruction(s). I'm learning--I sat there last night and told myself I wasn't going to move until I understood how to do this. It all seems simple now. I just have to learn how to tweek the photo. Thanks everyone. Bob

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Hi BOB,
    I like the first one! It has more blue. Pretty pastel! I see you've got the hang of posting pictures now, good for you. We like to see them. At the bottom of your screen in the tray where it tells you what thread your responding to, click it and close the page, then click on internet explorer to open another page. Got to you photo bucket, (or what ever your using) Now you can go back and forth with ease posting more than one picture, I think its easier that way. I hope I don't confuse you. Just have both pages open at once, Garden web and photobucket.

• mizellie
    16 years ago

OK Bob, don't you feel bad that you tricked us? Now that you have told us, I can see it but I still like the first better. It is interesting though.. Now, the first pic, is that a first bloom ? Daylily seedlings can chage so much, I have learned. The color seems to have brightened with the second one along with the "stuff". You are doing great.

I size my pics oin Photo Deluxe or Photo Impressions. I have some newer ones but these two are great for a simple person like me. Then I send them to Photobucket. I size mine in pixels. 500 to 600 and I think the size comes out good. That's about a 5x7 usually. jkunkel was right about the two windows. When I am on the GW, I keep a window open with photobucket and the gw at the same time. I can just click and paste. Easy, once you done it a time or two....Ellie

• pollinatorbob
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes Ellie, I feel like I'm growing up right here in front of the whole world. Kinda nice. I also posted a new seedling on the 'other' page. Check it out when you get a chance. These are first blooms from 2006. Our 2007 blooms don't usually begin here in Ohio until mid June. I also re-sized it so you don't have to stand across the room to view it all. Thanks again for everyone's help. Bob