Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

I do grow more than daylilies!!!!! :)

tweetypye
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know that I grow lots of plants in my garden and if you would like to take a look, check out my 2006 Garden album (link below).

I would love to see photos of your gardens also. :)

Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2006 garden album

Comments (12)

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

What a beautiful place you have, Jan -- thanks for sharing all the pics. Things are just starting to get interesting here, so hopefully some photos will follow.

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Hi Jan,
    Very pretty landscaping. I love your rose arbor and your water features! We built our house 4 years ago and it has been fun starting with a clean slate. But I'm getting impatient and tired of everything being knee-high. So it was nice seeing your pics of an established garden. I'm working on my website, but it probably won't be online until this fall/winter. I will post the url as soon as I get it up and running.
    Kathy

• numama
    17 years ago

Oh Jan, I've got to come to visit your place! I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice! Kind of like the Grand Canyon....you can take pictures but until you've been therre.......NEED I SAY MORE?
    Thanks for sharing your links! Another bookmarked!
    Nancy

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Chris, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I hope others will post photos of their gardens. I'd love to see them.

Kathy, I know what you mean about a clean slate. That's exactly what I had 26 years ago with my place. Just a couple of large trees, and nothing much else. I didn't really get into gardening in a huge way until I stopped working outside the home about 12 years ago. Oh, I had planted shrubs, trees, etc, but my flower growing was pretty much limited to a few annuals every year. I look forward to seeing your place when you get your website up and running. Please don't forget to post a link. :)

Nancy, please do drop in for a visit some time. I'd love to show you around, and if I am ever up your way again, I certainly will pay you a visit! :)
    I know exactly what you mean about pictures. I've been to the Grand Canyon several times, and photos and words just are not the same as seeing it in person! :)

Jan

• highjack
    17 years ago

Beautiful Jan and so much hard work and creativity were put into your place.

Eventually I will post pictures but it will probably be mid winter. I can't stay hooked to the computer in good weather to get them uploaded.

Brooke

• numama
    17 years ago

Brooke's is another place I want to visit!
    Nancy

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Jan...I love your house and landscaping. I remember you posted pics of your pond in progress..it's looks lovely. You have quite the green thumb. Would you please post a couple pics of your mother's angel garden? I'm dying to see it after you bought all the angel dl's over the winter.
    Marilyn

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marilyn, there are a couple of pics of Mom's garden in the album listed above. I will try to make a newer one today, if it's not to wilted looking when I get back from church! It still has a lot of growing to do, but it's coming along.
    Jan

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Jan, which DL is in the foreground on slideshow pg. 22 of 29?
    Marilyn

• rsts
    17 years ago

Very nice Jan. I also grow more than daylilies, things like grass, weeds and nut sedge. Like yours better.

Royce

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marilyn, I believe you're talking about Buckeye. It's an old cultivar by Stout (1941 dip dor 30x5). I have lots of it, and it's one of my favs. I would love to share some with you if you like it.

Royce, I know what you mean, I can grow some mean weeds myself!! I'm glad you enjoyed my garden. It's not professionally done, but it's mine, and I love it! :)

Jan

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Jan, in the fall, if you have any to part with, I would love a fan of Buckeye. By that time, I should have something I can trade with.
    Marilyn

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?