Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylily disease

Posted by mikebc49 MN (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 19:41

Help!
I have grown daylilies for many years and have never encountered this problem. Several daylilies at various sites in my yard have begun to wither and die. Is this rust? There are no outward symptoms, just dying leaves as if drought were a factor. Is there a cure, can I replant in the same spot, and why did it suddenly appear this year with no new additions since spring of 2006?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylily disease

Hi Mike, Your problem does not sound like rust to me. Rust does not kill daylilies, in my experience. It only makes the foliage unsightly. If you will repost your question in the Daylily Discussions Forum, perhaps one of the experts can help figure out what is wrong. This side (Conversations) is for off-topic discussion and I'm afraid they might not see your question. At the top of this page click on the link that says "Return to the Daylily Forum". That should take you to the right spot.
Kathy

o
RE: Daylily disease

• Posted by okbt z4NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 19:34

Check the crown to see if it is mushy.Could be crown rot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here