Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

My Garden Room as promised from Mary lu's post on discussions

tweetypye
17 years ago

These are a few pix of a work in progress. The entire area was a fenced dog yard for my son's 3 huge German Shepards until about 2 years ago.

The first two are what the spot looked like after removing the dog fenceing, prior to any landscaping.

{{gwi:635135}}
{{gwi:635137}}
This is one of it just after the new fence was finished. My DH and I built it.

{{gwi:635139}}
This one is of the fence area after I painted and planted a few things.

{{gwi:635141}}
Here's one from the back side showing the area after I made the planting beds.

{{gwi:630855}}
Another view of the beds.

{{gwi:630858}}
This one is looking from the new area toward the large oak tree and graveled terrace, sitting area.

{{gwi:635143}}
One last one of the center bed with copper bird bath, looking towards the terraced sitting area.

{{gwi:635145}}
Hope you enjoyed my "Garden Room" tour. As usual, it is like most gardens, in that it is never finished. I am constantly changing and adding to it.

Jan

Comments (12)

• highjack
    17 years ago

IF you ever get finished with yours, come on up and help me. Mine will never be finished.

Thanks for the pix - Brooke

• mary_lu_gw
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. Beautiful. Before/after pics as so much fun to see! You have accomplished a great deal in a very short time.

Love your fence. So much work, but so rewarding when done! Well...as done as it ever gets.... :-)

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Wow, Jan! So lovely! Your gardens must be huge! Lucky you to have so much space! It's really impressive!

Is that Brooke up there??! Where have you been??!

Thanks again, Jan!

• highjack
    17 years ago

Hey gone, I'm here, just reading and observing. The daylily forum is so active now, no reason for me to post unless I have something earth shattering to share. Come winter, I'll have more time to share pics of everything and try to keep things stired up.

Brooke

• flower_lover5
    17 years ago

Jan,
    Very, very beautiful. Looks like you put a lot into it - it looks VERY inviting :)
    Tammy

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Okay, glad you're around! Of course, everything you say is earth shattering...lol!

Tammy...that's such a nice thing to say...I wish I had thought of it...lol! It IS very inviting, Jan! I think that's probably the ultimate compliment.

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all so much. Like I said, it isn't finished, but is any garden ever finished? I really want brick pathways like Mary lu has in hers. Hopefully, I'll get them someday.
    Jan

• rsts
    17 years ago

Very nice. After you finish helping Brooke, you can swing by my place and help. I especially would like a fence like yours. Heck, if it would help, you can even do it at your place and UPS it to me. lol

Royce

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK Royce, I'll put that down on my "to do" list with my other million things to do!!!! LOL
    Jan

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Wow, is that a beautiful garden room. It could be in a magazine. I love the fence and arbor, so pretty. And painted white is looks every prettier. Thanks for sharing the pics

Maureen

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Jan, I can't believe you and your hubby are out building and painting fences in that heat and humidity. Our temps finally dropped after sticking for weeks in the high 90's. Today the temps and humidity came down so I took advantage and planted a bunch of DL's that were sitting a bucket of horse manure/compost tea for a couple of weeks. They sure love that horse manure...beautiful big, green foliage!!
    Marilyn

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marilyn honey, we built that fence a couple of years ago in April or May! :) There's no way I'd be building fences right now!!! LOL We did, however, finally get some rain yesterday and last night, so I was out at 6 this morning, doing some much needed edging of my garden beds. I also got some more flats filled with potting soil and planted more dl seed. Then I transplante some other potted things into larger pots. UPS came about noon and brought my Daylily World order. So, of course, I had to pot those beauties. Got clumps, not double fans!! Now it's air conditioning and a nice shower for me. No more garden duties today!!
    Jan