Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxbaerhems

Moosing Around in the Great North Woods

MaxBaerHems
16 years ago

A few pic's while looking for Moose in the Great North Woods of New Hampshire.......

{{gwi:635209}}

{{gwi:635211}}

{{gwi:635213}}

{{gwi:635215}}

{{gwi:635216}}

{{gwi:635217}}

{{gwi:635218}}

{{gwi:635219}}

{{gwi:635220}}

It was Fun and much cooler then here in Pa....

Rick

Comments (18)

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Wow...those are great photos Rick....love them all, especially the waterfalls and the deer and turkey too. Welcome back.....you've been missed!!!! :)
    Jan

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

You take some incredible photos, Rick. I especially love the moose pics. How close were you able to get to take those photos?

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

Ah-hah...So that's where you've been! Welcome back, Rick. That photo of the deer looks like it should be on the cover of National Geographic...very cool.
    Kathy

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Jan...:) It was a fun vacation....lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery...:) Missed ya Young Lady!

Hey Chris! Thanks for the photo praise..:) The Moose are awesome...I actually touched a yearling cow this year...best I have been able to do otherwise is about 10-15 feet away......normal has been about 50 feet...then they get antsy and flee.....but I try and get closer and closer...everytime......sometimes they get upset and don't like that....one has to recognize when they are too upset....they can be rather fierce if they feel threatened...I try not to push it too much..:) Glad you enjoyed the pic's..:)

Hi Kathy....yup took a few weeks off to enjoy my second favorite passion...the Moose! Don't laugh....LOL I know I'm strange....already...LOL Thanks for the kind compliment on the Deer pic!...:)

Gona post a few more...Hope you all enjoy...:)

{{gwi:635222}}

{{gwi:635224}}

{{gwi:635226}}

{{gwi:635228}}

{{gwi:635231}}

{{gwi:635233}}

Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Just looking at your photos makes me a bit cooler, Rick!! Thanks, we need some cooling down here. Temps have been in the triple digits all week!!!
    The one of the squirrel is so cute....and the moose in the water....wow!!! I think you could have a future in wildlife photography if you want it!!!!! Beautiful shots. Thanks so much for sharing them. :)
    Jan

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, Rick! We honeymooned in NH, and have great memories of that state. I'd like to go there again. I think my favorites of your photos are the squirrel eating the Ritz Bitz, and the moose standing in the creek. Great photos!

Laurel

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much Jan....I'm glad I could make ya feel a bit cooler...:) It was amazing 68 for a high and 43 for a low...what perfect weather for Gardening...and sleeping...LOL I'm so glad you enjoyed the pic's! As far as a "Future" in wildlife photography...LOL well at my age...I think I am on the "Downside" of any "Future" items...hahaha Very sweet of you to say so though...:)

Hey Laurel...:) Yes it is an amzing State....yup even "Romantic"....LOL Glad you enjoyed the pic's...:) I don't think that little squirrel had ever even seen a human being before. He checked me out for a few and then just came right up on the boulder I was sitting on and proceeded to "Share" my snack....I guess everything does go better with a Ritz...LOL

I'll post a few more...two are of the view from the cabin's front porch I stayed in....facing east and what beautiful sunrises and gorgeous to just sit on the porch and take in the view of the lake......Everywhere you looked it was just a beautiful place........

{{gwi:635234}}

{{gwi:635235}}

{{gwi:635236}}

Rick

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Just beautiful, Rick - that vacation must have been a real blessing, so peaceful (at least in your pics - I hope it really WAS that peaceful). Love the waterfalls, too. We do have lots of scenery like that in my part of Upstate NY. I wish I could spend more time admiring it, or even live by it eventually.

Laurel

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Grass is always greener....on the other side......

{{gwi:635237}}

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Wow, Great pics, they sure do look like you cut them out of a magazine. You should be a photographer! I don't think you ever post an ugly pic. It looks so pretty and peacefull, but I don't think I could live there, its too cold in the winter. I like it here in MD, its nice to see all four seasons, plus we don't have hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos, BIG snows, or hardly any tornados. Anyway, the wilderness up there is just beautiful. See any bears? Wouldn't think you'd get close enough to get a pic of one, but thought id ask. I know they are up there. Nice to hear from ya again. -Jessica

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A Bear for Jessica.....LOL....different vacation and a cheap camera...but yes...I think one can get close to any animal if one follows certain rules....:) He is a big fella too....

{{gwi:635239}}

Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Whoa Rick, was he climbing those rocks to get to you? I think I'd have been high tailing out of there about then!!! :)
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nah...Jan...he didn't even know I was there....couldn't see me...couldn't smell me....couldn't hear me.....I think he was just out looking for Nuts.....LOL Hmmmmm.....maybe he was looking for me....LOL..:)

Rick

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Yep... he looks pretty hungry, if I were you I would have dropped the camera and ran! Of course im sure running is against the rules. He'd definitly see you then. Thanks for the pic, once again it looks professional! You know your so good at taking pics, Oakes has a photo contest every year. First place gets a $200 gift certificate for free DL's! You can submit single varieties, people or animals with daylilies, or DL's in a landscape pics. You probably knew about this, but I figured your pics are always so nice, you'd have a good shot of winning! Hey who could turn down $200 worth of free daylilies. Not me! -Jessica

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Jessica.....I'm just a point and shoot guy, but I appreciate your very kind comments about my pic's...:) I didn't know about Oaks Pic Contest...but I doubt any of mine could win anything.....I tell you what....if any of mine are what you think are good enough to win something....LOL.. you please submit them and we can split anything they win....50-50...Deal?? LOL LOL Now of course 50% of nothing is still nothing...:) Serious I do really appreciate your opinon of my pic's though...makes a soul feel good....

Thanks, Rick

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

I might be tempted to take you up on that offer, but I wouldn't feel right submiting someone elses photos. You could just e-mail the pic to them. Of course they want the right to put the winning photo in their catalog, and it has to be a photo of a plant that they sell, but im sure you have some that they offer. Im thinking about sending them one of mine, but I probably don't stand a chance, but hey its worth a try, I have nothing to loose! Of course the pics that I have taken that I think are the best are not ones that would count, bummer! Well, I hope you send one in. It would be nice to see a GW friends' pic in their catalog. After all they do send nice plants, they are just a bit overpriced. Good luck! -Jessica

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Momma and her baby.....this one was taken as dark fell upon the Great North Woods......That baby stuck with Momma....you would not want to even think about trying to get between that baby and Mom......

{{gwi:635240}}

Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Just look at that!!! You did good, Rick! :) Thanks for the wonderful photos you post. I really do enjoy seeing them.
    Jan