Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edward_kimball_gw

New Job

Edward_Kimball
17 years ago

Hi all, you may have noticed that I am not around near so much, and usually later in the day. That is because I am working now. I had been off from March until recently. It is not much of a job but it gets me out of bed in the morning. In other news I am a bit passed peak bloom and I am having my open garden on Sunday. My best bed is hitting stride. It is the one with my northern hybridized daylilies - Time Warp, Mary Ruffin, TFFKAJill, Longlesson Showoff, and Light of the World - which had its first bloom today. I wish Inherited Wealth was still blooming but the only thing on those scapes are pods. I have rebloom scapes coming up on Little Wine Cup and Happy Returns and I will keep an eye out for more. Last initial bloom (ffo) will go to Wellspring of Wisdom. I thought for sure it wasn't going to bloom this year but I noticed a scape starting the other day.

Edward

Timberlea, NS

Comments (17)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Congrats on the job but it sure will cut into your gardening time - LOL!

Brooke

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Brooke. Now I will be able to afford more daylilies. I bought a few more: Fortune's Dearest, Edith Sliger, Fairest of Them, and seedlings from Phil Korth and Don Longton.

Edward

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

Congrats on the job, Edward -- I hope it's something where you get to use those great photography skills.

Chris

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Hey Edward, congrats on the job, but don't be a stranger around here. We need your beautiful photos to help us make it till next bloom season!
    BTW, I have ES and FOT coming this fall. I am looking forward to seeing them in my garden. I already have FD, and it bloomed pretty well for it's first year.
    Jan

• numama
    17 years ago

Edward,
    I saw your pic of Time Warp on Tinkers, you should post your beautiful picture here too! Job or not, NO SLACKING....LOL! Jan is right, we'll need your photos to help get us through the slumps.
    Nancy

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Nancy, I posted it in the gallery secton but for you, here they are.

Time Warp (FFO)

{{gwi:635291}}

Later bloom

{{gwi:635292}}

Latest bloom

{{gwi:635293}}

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Whoa!!!! That one will knock your socks off, Edward!! Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with all of us who are way past "peak" bloom now. :)
    Jan

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous Edward!! Congrats on your new job, I agree with Jan and Nancy, we need your beautiful pics now that we're coming to the end of the season. My late, late DL's are blooming now...for some reason all my late DL's have bloomed early this year. Please keep pics coming!
    Marilyn

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Hi Edward,

Any job is a good job until you can find something you like better that pays better. Just don't forget to keep looking for that something better. Congrats on becoming employed!

Janet

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Janet. When I got home from work today I was greeted by the last bloom on Moonlit Masquerade.

{{gwi:635294}}

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, I didn't spend the whole thing but I did just buy a daylily on the Lily Auction: Aunt Nellie (Smith 2005). I have been wanting JT Davis but this kid is possibly nicer. It is bigger ad taller anyway and a whole lot cheeper. Here is the picture from Frank Smith's website.

{{gwi:635295}}

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Let me add my congratulations, too, Edward! On the job and the daylilies, lol!

Enjoy your pictures...how did your Open Garden(s) go? You are brave to do that! Tell us about it! Did you take pictures?

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The open garden was a bit of a dud. It was scheduled based on when peak was last year so alot of the daylilies were done. There was still the potential for a great show but the daylilies were uncooperative. All the ones I wanted to show off opened for the day after the open garden.

Edward

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Oh Edward, what a bummer!!! I had one weekend when everything was popping at once!! It was spectacular, I had my husband and daughter come out to ooh and aah.

Please post more of your pics...it's always fun to see what you have blooming in your's and your neighbor's (which you confiscated...lol) garden :)
    Marilyn

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are two from today: Elegant Candy and Light of the World.

{{gwi:635296}}

{{gwi:635297}}

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Wow! I just love Light of the World! Elegrant Candy is gorgeous. I'll have to look for LOTW on the LA. BTW, I love the Coreopsis in your pics, so, I bought three small inexpensive pots today. I have a terrible slug problem and want to see how these make out before I invest too much money. I think I've seen Tickseed in pink...(Coreopsis rosea)
    Marilyn

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are some from today, including the season's last bloom on Siloam Double Cassic. It was a real long bloomer. it was my first to bloom on July 2nd.

{{gwi:635298}}

{{gwi:635299}}

{{gwi:635300}}