Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my brugs

Posted by loveofmylife680 z7 al (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 16:41

2 different colors on same plant and the pink one has not opened yet.Wilted from to much sun.
Jill
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my brugs

Jill, that's beautiful. I had one a few years ago and loved the fragrance, but I couldn't keep it from wilting (and, of course, it's not hardy here).

o

Its not supposed to live here either without heavy mulch but I guess being so close to the house is why it doesnt need mulch and it hasnt been that cold here in the winter last year.
Jill

o

Those are beautiful! I've wanted to grow one in a container, but I have no place to overwinter it except a heated basement, and I don't know how well that would work. Oh, well, I'll admire yours instead.

Laurel

o

Laurel. I will send you some cuttings when I cut mine down for the winter and from what I understand they will root in water I think, go to the brug forum and you will find out alot more.
Jill

o

I always put my brugs in the basement and let them go dormant. I've done it for ten years, with great success, if it weren't for spider mites!

Those are awesome, Jill!

o

Thanks for the input, sirmatthew - I would love to try brugs, and I'm glad to hear I can overwinter them in my basement. We're in the middle of a basement redo (dividing it into a workshop/utility area and a family room), so I'll have the space finally to overwinter a few things. If Jill has any cuttings later in the year (lol, I'm SURE she'll have warm weather WAY past when I will) I'll give them a try.

Laurel

o

Beautiful brug. They just require a little extra water until well established. Your brug has it's own little micro climate going there, probably about a zone 8b or 9a. It should do fine even in colder winters with a good mulch.

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here