Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Chris!!!!!

mizellie
17 years ago

Hi, just trying to get your attn: Hehehe!! The dls arrived today and are in good shape. I have dipped them in bleach to try and prevent CR. I am pretty excited about PS. It is a very attractive dl. The other, TTW I like also but seem to already have it. That's ok though. If you find EV, let me know, ok? Happy gardening...Ellie

Comments (10)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Not fair - how do I know what you got from Chris when you only use initials. 'Fess up!

Brooke

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

I could've sworn I posted earlier -- what happened to my response?

Glad everything arrived okay. I wasn't sure how to prepare the bleach solution, so I didn't. Haven't had crown rot yet, so hopefully the ones I've sent are healthy.

Brooke, Ellie and I worked out a nice trade:

I received Meringue Pie, Firefly Frenzy, Tommie Lee Joiner, Comanche Magic, Nell Dean, Mabel Herndon, Mystical Rainbow, Pearl Harbor and Soft Summer Night. She also sent a seedling from a friend.

Ellie received Malicious Rumors, Fluttering Beauty, Laura Harwood, Blue Eyed Curls, Wildfire Tango, Mexican Magic, Latin Rhythm, Dream Wizard, Isle of Dreams and Gail Braunstein. I was supposed to send Ebony Velvet, too, but I seem to have lost it in the garden. :o) I sent Premier Surprise and True to Whim, instead.

Ellie, I'll keep my eye out for EV and send some of that to you next year after I ID it.

I'm liking this trading thing!!!

Chris

• highjack
    17 years ago

Boy you girls sure know how to trade!

Chris - you need to post the EV loss to the "you know to have" thread cause girlfriend, you have too many if you can't remember where it is planted!

Brooke

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brooke, I think chris has waaaay to many dls and I am trying to take them off her hands...LOL. You know, come to think of it, I am getting too many too!! It's getting a bit much for me to handle. My hands are really hurting for the last few days.

I always try to make a diagram or a rows list as soon as I get mine in the ground, Chris. I now make the label first, then as soon as I get them planted, I do a sketch or a name list. I keep it on the microsoft works spread sheet but also have a hard copy just in case.

brooke, I am going to check the pink pom pom deutza soon and see if it's rooted. If it is, I will send it. It will be pretty small but they seem to grow pretty fast. Night all...Ellie

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

Ellie -- I'm pretty good about labeling my daylilies, and I made a notation of the bed EV went into. I tried using mini blind segments as markers this year, and three have already disappeared. So I have a good idea EV is one of those three . . .

I'm in a quandry as to what markers to use next. I was trying to avoid having to buy 700 metal plant stakes, but so far they're the only thing that have worked. I'm considering your pvc markers.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Chris, pvc pipe would work. Cut a foot long and you can bury as much as you want. It's not pretty but is very durable and cheap. I am thinking of getting some " pretty ones " for my new flower bed since it's so close to the house. However, the markers won't be seem to much when the dls are nice and full....Ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

If the deutza is ready, let me know but if you want to wait until spring, fine by me. This time of year I will pot it for the winter to keep it safe.

Loved your rock garden on the other side - memory rocks, love it. My hubby brought me two rocks from the Amazon - one is in a hypertufa container and the other is missing. I have no idea where that one went but don't tell him.

Brooke

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Hi Chris: Do you belong to Dave's? There is a co op on the eon labels going on there. Good price. I'm thinking of joining in as I have ordered on my own...and this price looks to be about half of the regular price.

Love your new garden, Ellie! What a lot of work! It will be worth it when they all bloom, though. I love the rock idea, too.

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks gonegardening..I thought everyone used rocks in their garden. Just goes to show what I know.. That is about the cheapest way I have of building a be and since I like rocks, I can use them everywhere.

Brooke, I can wait until spring. That would be better for the plant anyway since you are so much colder and winter comes sooner to you. Well, not that much sooner..It certainly will have roots by then. I had to bury a limb since it got so dry here and the rooting thing didn't have a chance. I kept forgetting to give it a drink.. Anyway, spring then...Ellie

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

I would have to buy rocks like that here, Ellie! And, they're pretty expensive! See how lucky you are! It is actually cheaper to buy pavers or something, amazingly enough. Every now and then I will run into somebody with great rocks and it's usually from a quarry....that's now closed and no longer in business.