Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

My husband's hobby - pics

laurelin
16 years ago

I know I've mentioned my husband's avocation as a musician, and his interest in owning a pipe organ someday. Well, we don't have an instrument yet, but I have to brag on my DH a bit. He had his first solo recital last weekend, at the Palatine Church in St. Johnsville, NY. About 75 people came to hear him play in a wonderful little historic church. The church building is pre-Revolutionary (built in 1770), and the organ is from the 1970s, built to go with the church. (The original organ was not maintained and long ago disintegrated - a crying shame). Here are some pics:

{{gwi:635799}}
This is from the day before the concert.

{{gwi:635801}}
This is Sean practicing right before the concert. The console slides back into the case of the organ, and the doors fold over and lock.

{{gwi:635803}}
This is the church, facing the steeple. The old building sits on a rise overlooking the Mohawk River valley. It's surrounded by a few houses, and a working dairy farm.

{{gwi:635805}}
I love the steeple on this church, and the weather was gorgeous. We had a wonderful weekend. My parents kept the kids, and we stayed at a B&B nearby. Sweet!

Laurel

Comments (4)