Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My husband's hobby - pics

Posted by laurelin z5a/4b NY (laurelin3@verizon.net) on
Wed, Sep 19, 07 at 16:30

I know I've mentioned my husband's avocation as a musician, and his interest in owning a pipe organ someday. Well, we don't have an instrument yet, but I have to brag on my DH a bit. He had his first solo recital last weekend, at the Palatine Church in St. Johnsville, NY. About 75 people came to hear him play in a wonderful little historic church. The church building is pre-Revolutionary (built in 1770), and the organ is from the 1970s, built to go with the church. (The original organ was not maintained and long ago disintegrated - a crying shame). Here are some pics:

This is from the day before the concert.

This is Sean practicing right before the concert. The console slides back into the case of the organ, and the doors fold over and lock.

This is the church, facing the steeple. The old building sits on a rise overlooking the Mohawk River valley. It's surrounded by a few houses, and a working dairy farm.

I love the steeple on this church, and the weather was gorgeous. We had a wonderful weekend. My parents kept the kids, and we stayed at a B&B nearby. Sweet!

Laurel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My husband's hobby - pics

What a great week-end. Glad you and hubby had a wonderful time.

Brooke

o

Great hobby, and what nice photos! The church definitely looks like it would be worth a visit.

Chris

o

What a unique hobby! I have never heard a pipe organ in person. But I've listened to them on TV and thought it was a magical sound. Thanks for sharing your pics, Laurel. They're beautiful.
Kathy

o

I would have loved to be there....the church is glorious and I'm sure your husband's music was, as well. Thanks for sharing.
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here