Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maxbaerhems

Waterfalls...Nature....Rickett's Glen

MaxBaerHems
16 years ago

Had a nice hike this past weekend....Took advantage of some terrific cool weather ....perfect for a day of hiking and waterfall watching....trying to learn how to take pic's in darker situations...the canopy of huge Hemlocks and other mature trees makes lighting a bit difficult for me to deal with.....will continue doing the trial and error method of learning...:) Below are a couple of the 23 different waterfalls I was able to get photo's of.....

{{gwi:635922}}

{{gwi:635924}}

{{gwi:635926}}

{{gwi:635928}}

{{gwi:635930}}

Rick

Comments (12)

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

Hi Rick, Wonderful pics, as usual - very refreshing. The only thing missing is the sound track. It's been cooler here at night (in the 60's), but by 10am it's hot...too hot for a hike. But fall is definitely on the way. Yeeehaaa!
    Kathy

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Kathy! I'm glad you enjoyed the pic's....one day I thought it might be nice to make a little video with a soundtrack ....that might be fun...:) Hope you get that cooler Fall weather soon...
    Here are a few more waterfalls....further down the trail...Mother Nature sure is awesome.....

{{gwi:635932}}

{{gwi:635934}}

{{gwi:635936}}

Have a Great Day....time to plant some Daylilies....:)
    Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Just beautiful Rick....wish I could see them and hear the wonderful sounds too!!! :) Thanks for sharing your great photos and weekend with us.
    Hope to be able to get up to north Alabama to Little River Canyon in October....the fall colors there are awesome and maybe there'll be a little water though I have my doubts since it's been so dry this year. I'll do photos too and share them. :)
    Jan

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Wow what trail were you on? Those are beautiful! Was it in PA? My parents are moving up there in November to Chambersburg. I might have to check out some of those trails with my boys. Im sure we'll be visiting often. Im not even sure where Chambersburg is in PA, all I know is that it is a 3 hour drive from here! Great pics Rick, like always! -Jessica

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful photos, Rick! So beautiful and peaceful, just what I need as a break in my day. That topography reminds me of places my family visited as a kid in Ohio (the Hocking Hills come to mind), and locations in the Allegheny National Forest/Kinzua Reservoir part of PA. Lovely, lovely! A soundtrack would be the icing on the cake with your pics.

Laurel

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Jan....It was beautiful....and the sound was just awesome....I even got a few pic's of native brook trout...in tiny little pools below the sections of Falls...amazing...crystal clear water and just a beautiful place. Please post your pic's when you take your trip....I would love to see them...:)
    Thanks Jessica....the trail is actually called the Falls Trail....Rickett's Glen. It is a bit Northeast of me in Pa...about 20 miles west of Scranton/Wilks-Bare, Pa. Chambersburg is about an hour southwest of me....along Interstate 81. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Chambersburg to Ricketts Glen. Glad you enjoyed the pic's..:)
    Thanks You Laurel....this area is east of Kinzua...about 2 1/2 hours..I would guess...The Kinzua Aquaduct/bridge area is awesome...especially in the Fall. Glad you enjoyed the pic's...:)

Rick

• MaxBaerHems
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Two more waterfalls from Ricketts Glen......I can't wait to go back in a few weeks when the Fall Colours should be outstanding. The waterfalls and foliage contrast should be Purdy nice......

{{gwi:635938}}

{{gwi:635939}}

Rick

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Those are so pretty Rick....there's nothing I like better, besides growing dl's that is, than hiking through natures gorgeous vistas! When we were in St. George, Utah a few years back, we were in the mountains or canyons every weekend. Saw some awesome sites, let me tell you.
    I may get the opportunity to visit some of your lovely scenery before long. My DH is going to Harmony, PA on his next job! :)
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos, Rick.
    Jan

• lotodig
    16 years ago

WOW!!Thanks Rick, your pictures are just beautiful. We love to hike and find those gems of peace and tranquility. It's like finding a gift all wrapped up in pretty paper.

Wendy

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

Rick, IMO, that last pic is the best of the lot. The waterfall looks like spilt milk. And I also like the way it's slightly off center - very artsy. You should frame that one and hang it on the wall.
    Kathy

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Wow, what gorgeous pictures of the waterfalls.I am glad I decided to come check out this conversations forum.I love waterfalls,but don't have any of them in my neck of the woods.I took a trip out west years ago and seen many huge waterfalls and loved it,up in the mountains.Almost got caught in a blizzard in August.Hard to believe snow in August.Injoyed all your pictures.

Jean

• janepa
    16 years ago

THANKS Rick for sharing your beautiful photos and bringing back some fond memories.

When I was a kid in grade school, our teachers would take us on a one day trip. Rickett's Glen was one of them. It was back so long ago that my biggest worry back then was that it would rain and we would not be able to go. I would check to see if the stars were shining (predicitng that the weather had a good possibility of being fine in the morning), before I fell asleep. Now you have made me want to go back.

Thanks again. Jane