Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numama

nancy''s grandson!!!!

numama
17 years ago

Yes, I'm a 44 year old grandma! I still have not caught up on my sleep! I missed some wonderful beauties on the auction as well! OH THE PRICE WE PAY! LOL!

My daughter, Shannon brought me my first grandbaby!

His name is DYLAN JAMES, born 6:52 a.m. Sept. 15 weighing eight pounds even, 20 and one-half inches long! BIG HEALTHY BOY! God has truly blessed me! I AM SO OVERHWHELMED WITH JOY... have cried tears of Joy! When will I come back to earth you other G'mas? I CAN HARDLY WAIT for our outings, and let the SPOILING BEGIN!

DYLAN JAMES

{{gwi:635969}}

GREAT AUNT CONNIE HOLDING DILLON JAMES

{{gwi:635971}}

I'll try to get some more pics posted as soon as possible.

Proud G'ma Nancy

Comments (31)

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Awwww...he's a cutie and I love his name. Congrats Nancy! I know you will enjoy him.
    Kathy

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

He's a keeper, alright!!! LOL I remember when my first grandchild was born, 19 years ago.My how time flys when you're having fun!! Such a glorious feeling! I now have 8, the youngest of whom will be 3 in Dec. and they are all precious, but I think that first one, is always special. :)
    Enjoy him Nancy, and yes, by all means, spoil him rotten!
    Jan

• laurelin
    17 years ago

What a beautiful little boy! I can't imagine being a grandma yet - my oldest is in 2nd grade, and my second/youngest is going into preschool. I KIND of remember when they were so tiny and new! Time flies. Enjoy your precious little grandson - and SPOIL AWAY!

Laurel

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

THANK YOU ALL! I am TRULY BLESSED!
    Laurel, what is funny about this situation is I still have two young ones of my own at home! Four children, Courtney will turn 22 next month, Shannon (new mama) is 19 yrs. The two still at home are Alexis, 13 yrs., and my only son, Madison is nine yrs. old. Now Madison has always wanted a little brother (could it be because he has grown up around a bunch of girls? LOL!
    I told Madison he is now an Uncle, but her prefers to be Dylan's BIG BROTHER....LOL!
    I'm going to the hospital now to help the happy couple and baby to get all their things home. WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED!
    Nancy

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

What a beautiful baby boy!!! I can't wait to become a spoiling grandma.

Chris

By the way, those are some wonderful genes you passed along. Way to go!

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Oh, he's just so precious! Congratulations! How wonderful! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And, thanks for letting us all take a look! We'll be looking forward to the "just arrived home" pictures!

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

My, that picture with his great aunt reminds you of just how little a bundle they come in. My youngest, at 12, is almost able to look me in the eye. Hard to believe she came in a package like that! Enjoy!

Janet

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

When are you going to share more pics of that handsome little grandson of yours, Nancy? How about one of "Granny" with him!!! :)
    Jan

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HA HA Jan! Come on....I'm not that photogenic! LOL! If I could get him to stay awake long enough to get a shot with his eyes open then I will post it.
    Here's a couple pics my daughter Shannon....Dylan's mommy took:
    {{gwi:635975}}
    {{gwi:635976}}
    {{gwi:635978}}

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Most babies are less than cute shortly after being born. I should know as all of mine were butt ugly! He's not that way though. That last shot is absolutely wonderful. Certainly shows an innocence and security in his surroundings. I bet he'll be an easy keeper baby. Sure looks like he sleeps good!

Janet

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

And I just bet Granny Nancy will be willing to baby sit most any time!!
    He certainly is adorable, Nancy. It's been a while since we had a new one in our family. My youngest grandson will be 3 in December! They just grow up way to fast, these days.
    Keep posting those pics Nancy, and we'll keep ooohhing, and aaaawwwing, over the little bundle of joy!! :)
    Jan

• laurelin
    17 years ago

He's beautiful, Nancy, just adorable. Our son was cute like that, but our daughter was not quite so pretty. (NOW she's absolutely beautiful, a real angel.) I hope Dylan is an easy baby for your daughter. It's amazing how different babies are - my kids were middle-of-the-road to fairly easy as infants; my sisters kids ran the gamut from extremely difficult to pretty easy.

Laurel

• flower_lover5
    17 years ago

Nancy,

I'm adding my congrats a little late here!! Beautiful grandson you have there.
    Are you still gonna have time for daylilies? :)
    I chuckled when I read that he won't stay awake. I'm betting it won't be too long you'll wish he would take a nap so you could sit down for a minute :)
    Congratulations again, and enjoy your new bundle of joy!!!

Tammy

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH THANK YOU ALL for your additional comments! COURSE I AM STILL ON CLOUD NINE! Nothing beats holding and cuddling a brand new bundle, listening to the baby coos as he sleeps, the facial expressions he has....HE JUST MELTS MY HEART!
    Tammy, with a nine year old son still at home...YOU KNOW I will be relishing the nap time! As far as the flowers go....that's where the kids know to find me, I can vision Dylan running right behind my two youngest and picking me flowers....LOL!
    I got a box this week which was a TOTAL SURPRISE! My dear Shelly sent me a T-shirt with an embroidered choo-choo on it. Below the choo-choo in my favorite color of purple is DYLAN'S NANA. Now how sweet is that?
    I'm not very photogenic but had to share the pic of my T-shirt as I JUST LOVE IT!
    Nancy
    {{gwi:635980}}

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Got some really good pics of Dylan James during the Thanksgiving break so wanted to share them with everyone. I AM TRULY THANKFUL he is a good baby, stays awake a lot more, starting to smile and coo out load at you....HE IS SOOOOO SWEET! I'm IN LOVE!
    Nancy
    {{gwi:635982}}{{gwi:635983}}
    {{gwi:635984}}

• highjack
    17 years ago

I love the last picture. I can see him thinking - huh, what can I do to make Granny laugh now! She's going to be a pushover!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Oh, Nancy, he is just the cutest! Thanks for updating us!

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

He's a real live doll, Nancy. I can see where you would be "in love" with him!!!! :) Enjoy him, spoil him, and love him lots, cause they grow up so very fast!!
    Jan

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brooke, you are right on the money there! A PUSHOVER I SHALL BE! LOL!
    SPOILED ROTTEN HE SHALL BE....Soon MOM will be hatin me! LOL!
    Nancy

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Love 'im up, spoil 'im good, and send 'im HOME! My parents LOOOVE being grandparents. (Oh, I forgot the last grandparent mandate, at least in my family: buy 'im lots of noisy toys!)

Laurel

• mizellie
    17 years ago

He is precious, Nancy. You have good blood in that young one. He is going to be a very teriffic daylily breeder and very famous. He's gonna do them just for you!!!

We had a good Thanksgiving week, also. My youngest went home today and it seems so very quite tonight. We did some gourmet cooking..( we just do that when she's here because she loves it ). Myself, I am a fried potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread kinda gal. We made Gnocchi for a dish that she created with chicken and sour crem and mushroom sauce. For some of you who may not know what gnocchi is...Italian Dumplings sorta thing. They were delicious....

Well, for some of you, it's back to the grind tomorrow...Ellie

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Boy Nancy, he wasn't too bad a looker when he was first born but wow, now he's a cuddly critter. Course I'm a sucker for those overalls. They're so much fun when they start to interact with you. Enjoy!

Janet

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

UPDATE!
    Dylan James is sitting up now, smiles all the time! HE IS SUCH A HAPPY CHUBBER!
    Nancy
    {{gwi:631430}}
    {{gwi:635985}}

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

WHAT A CUTIE!!!

And you certainly don't look old enough to be a Nana! My grandmothers in my mom's (Irish) side of the family were called Nana, so I love the t-shirt, too.

Chris

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Ohhhhhh...a happy baby! What a beautiful sight! He's just precious, Nancy! Thanks for keeping us updated! They sure grow fast!

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

He's precious, Nancy. I know how proud you are of him. He looks like a happy little guy too! Thanks for sharing the new photos.
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    17 years ago

Wonderful Pic's Nancy! He sure is growing.....You should be very Proud! With those forearms...I think you just found your Garden Help for the next 16 years..I would say longer...but by then...well he will go from Grand Ma & Daylilies to Gal's and cars...LOL
    Congrat's!!!

• mizellie
    17 years ago

How he has grown, nancy. He is a chubby one. guess he has a healthy appetite. I just bet you are spoiling him.

As rick said, guess he is your next weeder. Wow, to have grandchildren close enought to put to work!!!! he is a cutie!!...Ellie

• loveofmylife680
    17 years ago

Oh my he is a little handsome boy, Well I am 44 and have a 3yr old hope I live long enough to have the same joys you are having right now Nancy. Love his pretty blue eyes he will knock the girls over with those baby blues.
    Jill

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Now THAT is ONE SWEET KID! With those blue, blue eyes, oh my, he's adorable. Spoiling him must be a joy, Nancy.

Laurel

• numama
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH THANK YOU ALL for your words of Joy! How can one explain....I feel beyond seventh heaven when I get to visit him! Starting to show that little personality, nothing like it in this world! IN LOVE FOREVER!

Chris....I just turned 45 last month and feel every year of it!

Rick, you are certainly right....with those forearms I'll just bet he'll love helping Nana up to about age 16

Ellie....VERY HEALTHY APPETITE! You really know I AM SPOILING HIM! For some reason I do not have it in my head that he would be a weeder for me, but if I start him young he'll think its a part of his everyday routine....LOL! I figure he'll really enjoy getting pulled around in the wagon!

Jill....You certainly have your hands full with a 3 year old! I still have my daughter (soon to be 14 yrs.) and my son who will be 10 on May 2nd living at home. My two eldest daughers have moved in two different directions, Enjoy your young one while you can as they grow SO FAST!
    Nancy

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!