Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Hi from Texas, ya'll.

mizellie
17 years ago

I am visiting my daughter and her family in the HUGE state of Texas. Killeen. I thought I would say high and tell you not to forget me..LOL.. You know how it is..Out of sight , out of mind or is it that absence makes the heart grow fonder? Anyway, Hi and love to all of my GF friends...Ellie

Comments (13)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Ellie it is the absence/heart/fonder part for you. I thought you were going to CA. Are you driving? Drove from KY to CA once - won't do that again.

Hurry back, we do miss you.

Brooke

Also miss TT and Gerard - hope they are doing well.

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Hi Ellie,
    Been thinking about you and wondering if you made it safely. Glad to hear from you. Have a great time out there, and come home safe and sound so you can keep us entertained on the forum. :)
    God Bless,
    Jan

• daylilylady
    17 years ago

Hello Ellie, missed you on the forum and wondered if you might be on vacation or out putting your gardens to bed for the winter. Have a wonderful, restful time in Texas, I've never been but would love to take a trip there someday.

Brooke- I also miss TT, I hope Gerard posts during his winter break from school.
    Marilyn

• rsts
    17 years ago

Hi Ellie, you are quite the traveller. Glad all is going well. Enjoy.

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Good to hear from you, Ellie! Have a great time with your daughter and her family.

Laurel

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My dh has been sick ever since we got here but we are still having a wonderful time. We took a trip farther south on a ladies retreat. ( my daughter and I ). I was glorious. We arranged our trip for her church revival and things are really going well. Lots of good preaching and food....Don't forget the food.. Anyway, my son-in-law loves to eat out and we have been to some wonderful resturants. His treat, which is ok cause he can afford it. Texas Roadhouse is our stop tonight.. However, I have cooked a couple of days because where in the world can you get homemade chicken and dumplings. SIL loves them. I have also had to make 4 batches of my old fashioned fudge. I have no problem with that except, I brought that much with me when I came. The ladies from my dd church came by to " sample" and get my recipe. I am trying to teach my daughter and grandaughter to make it so they will stop bugging me. I hope to bring pics of the ggdaughter when I come home and will post some for you. I know some of you don't have great grand children so I want to rub it in..LOL. Ellie

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Mmmm, fudge! Maybe you'd share the sweet recipe with us when you share pictures of that sweet GGDaughter. . . .

Laurel
    (I can't even IMAGINE having a great granddaughter yet, but when my kids have kids of their own someday and wonder how I ever let them live long enough to reproduce, I will HOWL with laughter - and spoil the grandkids rotten.)

• rsts
    17 years ago

Laurel, no problem in not having GGChildren. Only "old folks" have 'em. (giggle, gigglesize>)

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Laurel, you don't have to be "real" old to have a gg child. I have an adorable ggdaughter who was born on March 17th of this year, and I'm not "that" old. :) I just got started really young, and so did Ellie!!! LOL
    {{gwi:636183}}

Jan

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Oh my, McKensie is ADORABLE! Sweet, sweet, sweet!

I'm not implying OLD for ANYONE - many people start their families earlier than I have (I'm 38; my youngest is 4 1/2). I'M going to be OOOOOOLD when I'm a great grand anything. . . .

Enjoy those wonderful GGchildren - Love them to pieces, spoil them rotten, send them home, and go gardening.

Laurel

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Laurel, you are absolutely right about sending them home. They are a treasure but, when you are " old " ( thanks Mud ).. you can get away with it. My grandchildren are all a joy but the greats ( I have 10 ) are the real treasures. As for being old, that I am but as you must know, I was young once, a looooonnnnggg time ago. I like my alternative though and I know that Royce is just jealous cause he ain't as old as me..LOL.. See, when you get old, you get away with a lot because you really have a great excuse.

Jan, McKensie is precious..She has such beautiful eyes, and I know you will have to sit on the porch with a shotgun in order to keep the boys away in a few years.
    I also have a Mackensey. I am the only one in the family that calls her Mack. There is nothing masculine about her though. She is 13 years old and in the upper classes of ballet. She went on tour this year with the upper group. She is like a gorgeous bird in flight. She also does tap and jazz but ballet is what she really loves. She's Cody's sister. ( My injured grandson ) who I might add is doing just great. Thanks to a just and merciful God !!

The trick to the fudge is not the mixing. Some of you may know what to do after it's cooked but when I get home I will post the directions and the recipe. BTW, the recipe used to be on the Hersey's Cocoa Can....Ellie

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

We'll look forward to that recipe....I have a harder time with chocolate...peanut butter, that I can do!

What fun it sounds like you're having Ellie. It is so nice to hear about your family. You can just feel the love!

Take care and keep us posted. We like it!

Jan, your ggbaby is so precious! Yes, you all must have been practically babies yourself to have these ggchildren!

• numama
    17 years ago

HEY GAL.....HOPE YOU'RE HAVIN A BIG OL TIME THERE IN TEXAS!
    Sounds like you are having a blast! I'll bet its nice, warm, and COZY there!
    We had our first cold snap move through this past week headed to your neck of the woods! Glad to hear everything is going well on your trip!
    Jan your Mack is JUST ADORABLE! A treasure for sure!
    Nancy