Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kydaylilylady

Electrician Dance please

kydaylilylady
17 years ago

We have rain dances and war dances, harvest dances and all sorts of other dances so I need an electrician dance. Brooke danced the plumber dance for me all summer until one showed up about the middle of July. (We got a picture of him coming up the drive with a really nice clump of UNCLE BRYAN blooming in front of his nice gray truck) He got 60% of the plumbing in and now we need the electrician to come back and finish his part of the house. He's been putting us off since the first of August and I understand he's been working six days a week with his real job but I've heard rumors that this will stop Dec. 10 and he's slated to start with us on the 11th. If that happens we can get heat hooked up to the house and start working inside actually making some progress. We could possibly even have it done by next bloom season.

This may not sound so odd to the rest of you folks but we first started remodeling this house in 2001 and it's been reeeeaaaaalllll slow going. Everything conversation that started with "When we get up there" has changed to "If we get up there" Brook has listened to me witch for a long, long time on this subject and I suspect she's tired me entertaining with whine and cheese!

So if you know any incantations or dances that will make sure progress starts on Dec. 11, dust off your books and study up or practice those dance steps!

Janet

Comments (9)

• highjack
    17 years ago

I am sooo sorry Janet - I have not been doing the plumber dance because I thought he was finished. Do you want me to resume the plumber dance or do I go straight to the electrician dance. Please bear in mind that I am getting old and don't know if I can do two different dances each day or should I do one on the even days and the other on the odd days, giving me Sundays off to recuperate. I will leave these executive decisions up to you.

Brooke - off to shine the dancin' shoes, one more time

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

THE ELECTRICIAN SHOWED UP YESTERDAY!!!! Wonders do never cease.

He already had a lot of the electric done from working on the house before we'd found a plumber so at least he's not starting from scratch. We spend two and a half hours yesterday morning going back through the house with him showing some changes that we'd decided upon since he'd last been there and refreshing all our memories on what we'd planned to do. And to that I'll say if you can stay married to the same person while remodeling or house building is going on you probably have a very solid marriage. There were a few times yesterday that I looked at my husband like he'd sprouted horns and a few times that he just looked the other direction and I'm sure rolled his eyes. The electrician was loving every minute. Then add a 22 year old daughter that was stirring the pot as hard as she could go! Anyway, he should be at the house starting as I'm typing this.

Will I be in this house by June 30th? Stay tuned.

Janet

• highjack
    17 years ago

OK, I can do the happy dance for the electrician - am I still supposed to be dancing for the plumber? I'm having to do the plumber dance here too but surely if I dance twice as fast and twice as often, I can get two plumbers to respond, in two different counties, for two different reasons. Doya' think?

Brooke

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We don't need the plumber right now. I think he's possibly done until time to set the sinks, commodes and that sort of thing. I can give you the name of the one that actually showed up at our place if you need one. What do you need a plumber for? I'd think Jim could do whatever stuff you need couldn't he? You're just running water to the greenhouse aren't you? If you don't get what you need done by spring give us a call. Over Thanksgiving Paul laid the waterline from the pond up to the house so I won't have a 2 inch line sitting on top of the ground anymore. Drip irrigation, here we come!

Janet

• highjack
    17 years ago

We have to get the water from the main water line, not off the building or the house. The building runs off the house line and the pressure is cr@p in the building and the house. The water lines that were run for the garden have tremendous pressure. I want good pressure.

I sure wish the gas company would let us tap into the gas line but they won't. Have to go with propane. You would think someone who is in business, to make money, would want additional money. Maybe I'm just too logical!

Brooke

• rsts
    17 years ago

Janet, if this electrician doesn't work out, perhaps Brooke can provide you the name of a good one.

Greenhouse?????????

Royce

• highjack
    17 years ago

Yes Royce I thought about letting Janet contact the one really good electrician I know but topnotch will cost many $$$$$$ particularly when you add the travel time plus room and board cost for the work. I'm saving that person for myself in case the one we have lined up for the gh falls through (or forgets to show up).

And another yes to the greenhouse. My husband has always wanted one and I've been too cheap to consider one. Finally he came up with a plan to keep me quiet about the cost - he is giving it to me for Christmas. He gave me a choice of diamonds or greenhouse. Diamonds get dirty when you dig in the dirt - greenhouses get dirty too but much more fun to clean.

The big worry for me now is to learn how to grow in the gh and not cook/freeze everything. I'm pretty good at growing under lights but I now have to learn to grow under glass (twin wall poly). I may need a hotline hooked up to your place.

Brooke

• gmatx zone 6
    17 years ago

Brooke,

Congratulations! You will enjoy your ghse sooooo much. Growing in a ghse is not that difficult - cooling is more of the challenge than the heating aspect.

Yeah, cleaning jewelry isn't that much fun. But you know what.....cleaning a ghse is a lot more fun than cleaning a house (I have proof)!! Just think, next year you can have dls blooming in March. I really enjoy having the ones I either take in or haven't gotten planted out bloom during late winter. DH actually had the nerve to ask when we might see "those" in one of the flower beds!

Enjoy your Christmas present to the utmost, Brooke.

Mary

• highjack
    17 years ago

Thanks Mary I'm sure I will. My goal is to never ask how much it is costing to heat or cool - just enjoy it and let the money sweat the small stuff. You know the old saying - ignorance is bliss - I intend to be blissful in the gh.

Brooke

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996