Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

GG daughter.

mizellie
17 years ago

Here is a picture of my Great Grandaughter, Arayna Jade.. I am back, as you can see but am sick. It was beautiful in Texas and we had really good weather but as soon as we left, it hit me. It's cold in N. Alabama and is supposed ti be in the low 20's tonight...Brrrrr!!!

This first picture is while she was showing us how she could blow...

{{gwi:636480}}

{{gwi:636482}}

Comments (10)

• numama
    17 years ago

Oh SHE IS JUST PRECIOUS Ellie! I can see some resemblence to Ggrandma there too!
    SURE HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER!
    Nancy

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear you're feeling "blah" and hope you're better real soon.
    Your GGdaughter is very sweet. How old is she?
    Jan

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Numama, thanks She is the sweetest child I have ever seen. Almost never cries and has such a funny personality. She seems to look for ways to make folks laugh.

Tweety, she is 6 mos old. A little younger than your sweet one. She is crawling some now so will be investigating soon. She adores jar lids and spoons. You know how that is.....Ellie

• numama
    17 years ago

Ellie....I know how that is too! When mine were wee little ones, they ALWAYS opted to get into the POTS and PANS cabinet, and the TUPPERWARE cabinet...LOL!
    Do they call her AJ for short? She is JUST ADORABLE! I still have not gotten a good shot of my little Dylan AWAKE! Shannon says he stays awake more during the day, but is always napping when I show up for a visit. She is taking him for a photo shoot tomorrow since I am dying to have a picture while he is awake! She is getting a digital camera for Christmas from me!
    Nancy

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Numama, sometimes they call her AJ. I actually like Aj better than Arayna. It is a simple name but sometimes I have a problem saying it.

Now, I think you are smart to get her a digital camera for Christmas. Then you can have copies on your pc and hard copies.

It's 24 degrees this morning. Brrr. As much as I hate cold weather, I am convinced it will keep my dls. healthy.......Ellie

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Oh my Ellie, it is cold up your way! We're at 36 and it's supposed to go to 33 tonight. I'm thinking I need to bring my plants in off the porch today. They might get a tad chilled if I don't. :)
    If the long range forecast for this winter is right, they are predicting a colder, wetter winter for Alabama. Hopefully, if this is so, it will help us in our fight against the dreaded rust on our dl's.
    Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Jan

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jan, I hope you got your plants in...We were warned of a hard freeze yesterday but it was no colder ( maybe a degree or two ) than night before last.. I am happy for the cold, even though I hate it, the dls. need it....Ellie

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

I did get my plants inside yesterday, Ellie, and also took 4 that are very large to my friend and neighbor's greenhouse. They have just gotten too large to bring into the house. :) She's very generous with her greenhouse space for my plants in the winter. She and I are very good gardening buddies, always sharing plants, pots, etc. It's really nice to have good gardening friends, isn't it?
    Stay warm,
    Jan

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Brrrr up here, too - it was 25 yesterday morning. No snow, but a good rock hard frost. It's been in the 30s to low 40s during the day. It's almost winter; if it's cold where they are, I'm sure they'll keep the GGdaughter warm! (I'll bet she's adorable in a snow suit - and in anything else she's dressed in.)

I'm down to the raking leaves and cutting down dead mums phase of the year. I brought in the last couple buds from my 'Othello' rose, and they're lovely, opening with that classic old rose form on my windowsill.

Have a pleasant day, folks!

Laurel

• mizellie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

laurel, it really has been cold these past few nights but the days warm up to about 55 to 60 degrees. That is enough to get the chill off...Almost. Some of our trees have lost their leaves entirely but there are a couple that are hanging on to them.. My Jap maples are sticking around. I will post a couple of pics on a new thread.

Meanwhile, Jan, you stay warm as I know you aren't used to these extremes in the weather...Hehehe!!! We are in Al. We have to expect this stuff....Ellie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting