Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kydaylilylady

More Rambling

kydaylilylady
17 years ago

Well, I'm not sure what I accomplished this weekend. Farmer's Market is winding down here. Two more weekends and I'll be on vacation from that until April. Actually, I'm looking forward to cleaning some on the house. Brooke, I can hear you laughing, stop it!

Sunday I managed to make it up to Louisville to the North American. Son was judging in the dairy judging contest. Man oh man, I doubt that there are any cow people reading this but jeez, if I could have a herd of what was in that barn I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. I'd give up this job in a minute! Course I'd have a debt load that would probably turn the rest of my hair white overnight but there was sure some prime ladies in those show strings.

With the time change it seems that it's getting dark by the time I get home and change my clothes. That stinks. It is incentive for me to work on getting all the pictures that we took this summer rounded up and burned to a disc. Funny how once it gets dark earlier you seem to have a bit more time in the evenings. There must have been a reason for seasons if for nothing more that for us to recharge our batteries for next spring and summer. I don't think I could go all out 12 months of the year like I do from May-September.

Janet

Comments (10)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Now that I have wiped the tears off my face and my side no longer hurts, I can ramble a little with you.

I've worked outside two afternoons in a row - yaaaaaay! Rain tomorrow but they mentioned the figure of 70 after that for a couple of days. Followed by another week-end of rain, sorry Janet, your house might be spotless by Monday.

Our two normally driest months (Sept. and Oct.) have both broken records for the two wettest months. Go figure -

Brooke

• rsts
    17 years ago

"Actually, I'm looking forward to cleaning some on the house." (giggle, giggle)size>

Don't think I have ever been so bored that I enjoyed cleaning house. Nice that some people do I suppose, although it does make the rest of us look sorta bad. Oh well.

• mizellie
    17 years ago

I don't clean house...I just sit and look at daylily pictures. On the cd's I burned, catalogs, eureaka and on-line. I am to old to worry about whether my house is clean. Well, actually, I got a message from several people that they are coming for Thanksgiving so I will have to clean but I am a gonna wait until I have to...Ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

I have been so bored I clean house but as soon as I start the process, I remember a ton of things I can accomplish that doesn't involve rags, mops and buckets. There is just something about dragging the sweeper out of the closet that jogs a memory cell and I can again remember something more pleasant.

I have confidence in Janet that this too shall pass.

Brooke

• laurelin
    17 years ago

House cleaning - ugh, looking at plants is much more interesting. But sometimes something just LOOKS at me wrong, and I have to go on a cleaning spree. The weather will be nice up here for the rest of the week, so I'm trying to nerve myself up to do some cleaning out in the attic. I did the basement a couple weeks ago.

Now, the kitchen sink - THAT'S my least favorite chore, the neverending chore, the eternal (why doesn't someone else clean this up tonight??) chore.

But, if I can get all THAT cleaned up, I can go play outside in the garden. I have to dig up my cannas.

Oh, well. I have to go - and, what else, clean up the kitchen.

Laurel

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

House work, yuck!! I have to admit, that I do give mine a "lick and a promise" every now and then. :) I can go only so long, looking at the clutter, before having to do something about it. But, it's certainly not my favorite thing to do, and the housework does get shoved to the back burner during gardening months (which is at least 9 or 10) down here!!!! LOL
    BTW, Alyssa and I are off to NC for the weekend. My DH is in Raleigh on a job, and Alyssa has a couple of extra days out of school, so we're leaving Thursday am, driving up there, and coming home Sunday. I won't have time on this trip to hit any of the dl gardens, and besides, it's the wrong time of year for that, but I do plan on going back next summer and staying long enough to visit some of them.
    Ya'll keep us in your prayers for a safe journey this weekend, and I'll appreciate it greatly. :)
    Jan

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WWWHHHHOOOOAAAAA!!!

Don't even entertain the thought that I clean the house because I'm bored. I clean the house because it's close to being condemned by the health department! I looked up at the ceiling fan the other day after this gray "snow" fell on the table and decided it was time to get up there and clean it. Pretty gross. The kitchen floor is getting sticky so it's coming to the point that it's going to have to be mopped too. I'm getting close to the "shovel out" mode so I 'spect I'd better stock up on contractor bags. We'll back the truck up to the front door and start tossing!
    I can make "poor white trash" look upscale! I actually set out 4 bags of the youngest's outgrown clothes for Goodwill this morning. That was an improvement.

Maybe I'll get the yards and the daylily field mowed out for the last time this weekend. That would be a major accomplishment...

Janet

• numama
    17 years ago

Let me just Ramble that my house is NEVER CLEAN! I do not invite people over either! LOL!
    Janet....if you leave the dust stuff on top of the ceiling fan long enough, it will just stick there and not fall off anymore! LOL!

My favorite magnet on the refrigerator reads A CLEAN HOUSE is a sign of LIFE MIS-SPENT.
    I find this to be very true, but once you can no longer see your reflection in the bathroom mirror because of brushing your teeth, you know you best get out the Clorox Wipes and Windex!
    Nancy

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy, if you'll get out of the shower and take a towel to the mirror while it's still foggy you can skip the Clorox and Windex step!

Janet

• mizellie
    17 years ago

You guys are sooo funny and I for one don't believe a word of it!! I am always envious of folks who think a clean house is a must and can still do the gardening bit.

I think house cleaning is a waste of time when you can be doing something useful..like putting weeds, fertilizing or mulching.

Have a great trip Jan and we will be watching for info on your trip when you get back.

How is that grandson Numama?? Spoiled him yet??? Ellie