Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
As promised, my JM in all it's glory.....

Posted by tweetypye z8/SC Al. (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 25, 06 at 21:36

This first photo was made showing how the leaves glow when the sun shines on them. The tree looks like it's on fire, the leaves are so red.

This one is showing the shape and color of the leaves, close up.

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: As promised, my JM in all it's glory.....

WOW Jan, that is TRULY BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure glad I got to see it!
Nancy

o

Beautiful Jan - all my pretty red leaves are laying on the ground now but it still makes a pretty landscape. Right next to the JM red leaves is another maple that has gold leaves. It looks like a patchwork quilt out there.

Brooke

o

So pretty! I think the leaves are pretty much down here, too.

That is an especially gorgeous red!

o

Glad to share with you all, Nancy. :)
Most of my leaves have fallen too, but this particular JM is located in a sheltered area, next to the house and keeps it's leaves longer than lots of my other trees.
Brooke, the ground here was very pretty a week or so back, when all my popcorn tree leaves were on the ground. They too were red,yellow, orange and gold.
Gonegardening, this is one of my very favorite trees all year long. The leaves are always nice and purple/red, but they are especially beautiful in the fall.
Jan

o

That's a lovely tree, Jan - no wonder it's a favorite. Our leaves are LOOOONG gone up here, and I just finished up the last few small tidy-up tasks for the year yesterday during some nice warm weather. I do have a 'Betty Prior' rose still trying to bloom up against the house; it's always my last blooming holdout for the year.

Laurel

o

Very nice Jan. All the leaves from my trees are on the ground and as Brooke said, it looks like a patchwork quit. The leaves from the Ginko ( beautiful yellow ) with the orange, red and gold from the JM's are really pretty even if they are all on the ground. Winter will be here soon and they will be a horrible brown. Well, the sooner it gets here ( winter, I mean ) the better for then we can watch for spring and dl season. Happy winter everyone....Ellie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here