Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemydirt900

HAVE: Have many named daylilies, iris and peonies

LoveMyDirt900
9 years ago

I recently inherited my mil's business. I am looking to acquire more variety. I am offering named daylilies, iris and peonies for trade of the same. I will trade iris for peonies, daylilies for iris, etc.

Check out my list and let's do a trade before it gets too cold. I have been having trouble getting GW mail, so you can email me directly at iceeater1997@yahoo.com

Ann

Comments (22)

• erin08
    9 years ago

HI,
    I'm interested in quite a few of your daylilies. Sending an email.
    Erin

• granalene56
    9 years ago

Ann, you sent mail saying that my shipment would be shipped and that you would be mailing the tracking #. That was a month after I sent you the shipment of daylilies that we agreed on for a trade. It will be soon be 2 months since I sent your package at my expense. You are not replying to mail that I am sending to you. Maybe you will see this here. I certainly will be glad to know your reason for not shipping my end of the trade and why you do not answer mail.

• erin08
    9 years ago

Nobody has gotten their trades from Ann.

• granalene56
    9 years ago

It has been 2 months since I shipped a package to LoveMyDirt900. She still has not sent me her end of the trade. She also does not answer emails.

• granalene56
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

March 2015--still no shipment from this woman. I repeatedly sent her mails with no response. I got returned mail this week from her email address. Her name is A. Saunders. She used 2 addresses--Barboursville and London, Kentucky.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

A scam apparently. What a a louse if so!

kay

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Just a thought but when someone who is or has not been a regular on the forum inititates a trade....make sure they send their end of the trade first! If they are legit they should not have a problems sending their plants first, Also it wouldnt hurt to ask for an address.......then a google maps search might be in order so you can see an actual physical image of where plants are going and not just some wide open field or something . It is a real shame when someone does this .....hopefully karma is keeping a close eye on them and they will get their come uppance in due time .

Signet

• dick_in_ohio
    9 years ago

Someone from that area attempted to scam me on the Daylily Auction several years ago. She (?) sent me several e-mails demanding that I send them the plants they bought, even though she never paid for them. I believe the address was in the Campbellsville Kentucky area. Mike Longo, the owner of Daylily Auction, told me he had many complaints about her. Trader beware. Be especially wary about sending them to a p.o. box. The Daylily Auction now requires identification before you can open an account.

• dick_in_ohio
    9 years ago

Her e-mail address is no longer valid.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

So true. I like to deal with the people I "talk" to on here, and really, since I am trying to not increase my beds (a more reasonable goal for me than decreasing the size) I don't want a lot. So why am I so ecited about my new ones? Yeah, that's meeee. Only fool myself.
    kay

• dick_in_ohio
    9 years ago

Another tipoff - she did not use the GW mail.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

I don't think that you are going to get any response or plants from her. She has scammed several people on GW. Granalene, my offer is still open if you want to take it. If there are any daylilies I have that you like, I will be happy to share some of them with you if it eases your loss with this last trade. I have enough daylilies to be keep me happy for awhile. Please message me.

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

Sorry to hear that such a thing happened, I am arranging my first trade of plants over on All Things Plants, and the thought that someone would pull a scam for plants never occurred to me. I have had many plants given to me and I have given many to people. Plants multiply, and gardeners in my experience love nothing more than seeing others grow to love gardening and sharing there knowledge and plants, why steal something that is often given freely with a smile. What a shame. I have received many, many Iris from a wonderful women (she gave me 72 different irises the first year) who would rather see her extras enjoyed than threw away, I have reached the point now that I give hundreds of rhizome away each summer rather than throw them away. She has told me that she has paid up to $25 for a individual rhizome, but they multiply and out grow their space, and she hates to seem them just threw away, the year before I met her, her husband took two pick-up loads down to the lakes to discard. I have no doubt, if this person had just asked, they would have received many, many Daylilies for only postage.

Gale

PS... If anyone needs Iris, let me know :-)

• erin08
    9 years ago

Gale I would love some iris! I have many things to trade. Check my trade list.
    Erin

• fruits_veggies
    9 years ago

Hi Gale, I would like to get iris as well. please check my trade list or I can pay postage in advance. Thanks

• gdjcb
    9 years ago

I would be happy to trade you both

some Iris, I do not have the registered names for the Iris, I have dwarf, mid and tall bearded Iris. I believe that the end of June or early July is when you would want them? Were would I find your plant lists? A few pics from last spring, don't know why they are all sideways. I do not have maps of what is were, if you wanted a specific color I will have to dig while they are blooming, so the baby rhizomes would be very small. Jackie loves purple so I have lots of different purples.

• erin08
    9 years ago

Gale,
    Please follow my page so I can send you a message.
    Thanks,
    Erin

• Nancy
    9 years ago

If you are interested in iris I will have some after they bloom

• granalene56
    9 years ago

Kousa. I sent a GMAIL to you. Hope you get it.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Hi Granalene, I did and sent a message back to you via Houzz. Can you check your messages? Did you receive it? I sent it yesterday.

• granalene56
    9 years ago

Karen, I did see the message. Thanks!!