Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

Fantastic "F" daylilies

Hope everyone is enjoying the alphabet posts! Time for the Fantastic ones.

Sherry

Comments (43)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

The F I have is a nice Maryott introduction called Filipina Bride. Not as bubblegum pink as some, but the form is always there and it produces well for me....Maryl
    {{gwi:2124198}}

• Billi
    9 years ago

Fracois Verhaert. Not my best flower but it's the only picture I could find.

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Fashion Police, in my top 5! I have it growing in the garden and in a pot. Great blooms, good increase.

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

First Officers Log from Hanson

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Freudian Slip ( Hanson ) Not the form that I typically like, but I do want a variety in my garden, it stays for that reason and the name.

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

From My Lips ( Hanson )

My Hanson collection is growing! I am close and visit his garden every summer, never leaving empty handed.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Fairy Tale Pink This is an older one , 1980.

Reliable , nice pink color.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

This is my Filipina Bride, It didn't do very well in the ground, so I moved it to a large pot and now it is thriving. does have a good form, nice pink color. I also have Francois Verhaert, it was already posted, and it also does better in a pot for me I have it in the garden too .It is one of the first to bloom., I do keep my pots protected over winter, and they are not subjected to freezing temperatures, I call it getting the Florida treatment. The potted daylilies always bloom earlier than the ones in the garden

Cindy

• del_s
    9 years ago

Fanciful Candy.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Fang and Claw is a large flower.

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 10:04

9 years ago

Femme de Joie is an old diploid with wonderful colors.

9 years ago

Flight of the Raven is a wonderfully robust plant.

9 years ago

Forestlake Becky was planted in late summer of 2013 and bloomed for the first time in 2014. It did wonderfully well. It's not too tall but it had many blooms and set seed as well.

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 10:07

9 years ago

Forestlake Point Lace has been a favorite here for many years. The blooms are pure yellow, not gold. It blooms early. reblooms, and is fairly tall. The only thing it won't do is set seed well.

9 years ago

Forestlake Ragamuffin has been a bit of disappointment for us. This is a photo from the first year it bloomed. It was wonderful then. Now, even though the plant has increased, the flowers have been smaller and the bud count has been low. However, I love the toothiness of it.

9 years ago

Fox Point is a great daylily. It's not the fanciest of the bunch, but it is rock hardy, tall, and vigorous. It is Canadian-bred so you'd expect it to be hardy.

9 years ago

We don't grow many spiders, but we love Freewheelin'. The flower is quite large in our garden.

9 years ago

Forestlake Laura Lee Harding has been a great daylily in our garden. It is very floriferous and vigorous

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 10:10

9 years ago

Here is a picture of Francois Verhaert in my garden. Francois isn't very vigorous for us, but the flowers are like no others that I know of.

• marricgardens
    9 years ago

Highland Lord
    {{gwi:2124199}}

• marricgardens
    9 years ago

Sorry, getting ahead of myself. Here's Future Whispers.

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Forsyth Flaming Snow

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Final Touch

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Flying Trapeze

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Love yellow and now Forestlake Point Lace is on my short list. So many are golden yellow and not just yellow yellow....Must be the difference in climates Cindy as to the colors of Filipina Bride (yours vs mine). Mine is in a pot too and does just fine......Forsyth Flaming Snow has a pretty color to it. Reminds me a bit of Beautiful Edgings......Maryl

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Several in this bunch with teeth, I'm liking those, probably because I don't have any that consistently show teeth :)
    One of my very favorite, Fancy Face

Fiesta Flirt really rebloomed well last year, its first full year in my garden. I am really not into loud colors that much, but they are sure attention grabbers & I seem to have a lot of them
    {{gwi:2124200}}

Final Destination

Firestorm, one of the first daylilies I ever got & I've always enjoyed it
    {{gwi:663992}}

First Crush

Flamboyant Diva earns the name

Flamenco Twist

I have Francois Verhaert too, like someone else says, not a terrific performer but different from anything else I have
    I had Foxpoint, which I loved. I divided it to share & apparently it did not take to it at all. The one I sent died & so did mine. I do still have a fan that "may" be Foxpoint. It is apart from a neighboring daylily, I'm hoping it is a straggler from Foxpoint. Of course, it is taking its time to bloom.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

Another pic of Final Touch. It bloomed particularly well and long this year.

• Billi
    9 years ago

Nancy: my Francois normally looks like yours does in the picture. We had a particularly bad heat wave before it flowered so the bud suffered a lot. It really is in a category all of its own.

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting a pic of Forsyth Flaming Snow. It is my favorite daylily and someday I hope to grow it in my garden. It is so pretty. Freewheelin always looks great in photos. Karen

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Here's my Flying Trapeze:

{{gwi:2124201}}

Flaming Flamingo:

Fear Not:

{{gwi:2124202}}

Fernstone:

Faithful and True:

{{gwi:2124203}}

Fire in the Hole:

{{gwi:2124204}}

Flames Over Africa:

{{gwi:2124205}}

kay

• Billi
    9 years ago

Guess who just put Flyung Trapeze on their wishlist?

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay,
    I am a Fear Not fan! Lovely bloom! That is a new one for me.
    Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Amazed at how many frilly f's there are! Lots of nice pics, everyone!
    These 4 are some of my very favorites. All of them are very good bloomers as well.
    Brad

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Here are 4 more f's. FFD has extra petals sometimes and did the day I took this photo. Foxhaven Anne is by a local guy Dave Bowman. I just got it this year; he's selling off most of his daylilies and had unbelievable prices [like $5 & 10]. Unfortunately I didn't know until after he'd sold off most of the best stuff!
    Brad

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brad,
    did you pick up anything at the end of the sale?

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Sherry,
    I picked up the one above and Judy in the Sky; both had an amazing number of buds/branches. He is going to continue his sale next year over 4th of July weekend. There was one whole section that was not on discount this year and I suspect it will be next year. I will be there!
    Brad

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

Brad, I love FFDragon. I have admired that one for awhile. I love those that poly. If I was closer I would be at Dave's sale too!

He is a nice guy. I have been to his place but it was back when my daughter was at U of KY.

• User
    9 years ago

Frances of Assisi

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Flaming flamingo looks so hot! i love its orange color and deeper eye. That is one of the nicest pic of Fairy Tale Pink daylily. Though a slow increaser for me, it has been always given me beautiful blooms.

• elenn
    9 years ago

Another Flying Trapeze. Love the way the flowers expand the day before they open.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Elenn, love you FT! I like those buds too. I have a few doubles that expand before the flowers open, just makes it more interesting.

Sherry

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Faithful and True and Flaming Flamingo are really lovely. The colors are amazing.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

WOW!!!! These are all beautiful.I will be so happy when blooming starts again,

jean

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery