Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Horrible Weather continues.

jean_ar
11 years ago

well, its been cloudy here for days with rain almost daily,Today its still cloudy, and cold and now ICE, too.Freezing rain, sleet, turning to ice.i will be one happy lady if it ever stops raining and some sunshine peaks out again.I know when the hot summer gets here,I will be praying for some rain and clouds, but for now, some sonshine would be really nice.Thats my grip for today :-( anyone else want to vent a little?

Jean

Comments (6)

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Hey Jean,

No ice/freezing rain here thank goodness but still it's cold wet & rainy. I'm right there with you waiting for the warm weather but knowing the summer is a killer too with the unbearable heat. Hope we have a nice long mild spring. A few of my daylilies have went to sleep but most are still green & quite a few keep trying to put up bloom stalks. The freeze zaps them pretty quick though. Hope it doesn't exhaust the plants to where they don't bloom well later on when they're supposed to. This will be my 1st real year with plenty of daylilies to post pics of if they do well.
    'Til then heres to hot cocoa and warm blankets...

Rena'

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Jean I wouldn't mind you sending some rain my way you can keep the sleet and ice though. It has been warmer than normal here in FL. and it sure is confusing some of my daylilies.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Amen, Jean. No ice here, thank goodness. We went from cold to quite warm (mid 70s) for almost a week, then to dreary and cool...low 40s, with continuous rain for the last four days. The ground is just spongy. We are supposed to have this dreary weather until Friday, (possibly a bit of snow Thursday) then 50s and sunny for three days then deep freeze next week. I suspect the daylilies will need some nutrition as soon as they start showing green in the early spring.

Linda and Rena, mine have been putting up new growth which is about to be zapped (after all this rain) so I agree...they have to be confused. Weather. All we can do is comment, we can't change it, can we?
    kay

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

We are supposed to be in winter here. It was okay before Christmas with just below freezing temps. It would have been nice to have some more snow cover but at least it was consistent and not too too cold. But then we got this thaw late last week. Up to 65 on the weekend with pouring rain. My husband noticed on Sunday that many of the markers in my rows of seedlings (cut up window blinds) had popped out of the ground when it thawed so I ventured out in the mud to push them back in before they got mixed up or blew away. Good thing because by yesterday morning things had froze up again and I would never have gotten them back in the ground. Why can't we just get winter like in the good old days with lots of snow to insulate the ground, sunshine to perk us all up and cold temps to kill all the germs? If this is global warming I really don't like it!
    Debbie

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

After weeks of snow here and digging out we had a turnaround and last week we had above freezing temps, rain and the weekend it was so mild (but windy)you would have thought spring had come early. All that snow we had is nearly gone and that was alot of snow.
    This week we are expecting snow tonight into tomorrow but not alot of accumulation, temps will drop significantly as an arctic front is coming through and by next Monday, they predict we will be in the very low teens during the day.

I'd take snow and below freezing temps versus having ice.

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well,I can see, I am not the only one around having crappy weather.I just seem to be the only one with the freezing rain and sleet and ice.Been getting weather alerts all evening about freezing rain and sleet till 6am. so, what is new,i thought, more of the same.Its been below freezing all week, hasn't been above the freezing mark for last 4 days, that I remember.
    I hate it. but, KAYLINDAjean

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio