Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

Oh Boy! Time oggle the "O" daylilies

It's time to post your O daylilies, wish I had some, I will next season!

Thanks Bob for posting that info for Biili! I have learned alot this past year about daylilies and just learned some more.

You and Nan have a ton of great plants and have enjoyed yours and everyones pictures. So glad we did the alphabet!

Sherry

Comments (20)

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

A rather short daylily that has trouble with the first few blooms splotching, but after that they can really be fancy....Maryl....ORCHID GILDED RUFFLES {{gwi:2124464}}

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Here are my 4 o's. Orchid Corsage and Ollalie Autumn Gold are extremely late is the season, extending it nicely! I don't really like Only One all that much and may eventually replace it. Orange Velvet usually blooms well, and some years really puts on a great show.
    Brad

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Oceans Eleven has an interesting eye. The flower is small and the scapes are short, but it has done well here. I finally got it to set some seed last summer.

9 years ago

I can't give enough praise to Oktoberfest. We bought it because my husband loves orange and at first I was afraid it wasn't going to be as pretty as the pictures. Well, now that it is established, it is prettier. The plant is vigorous, the scapes are tall, and the flowers are fertile. I don't remember if it rebloomed, but it was in flower for quite some time.

9 years ago

Old Time Memories is new to the garden so I don't know how it will perform. It is, however, a large flower with a very bright color--right up my husband's alley.

9 years ago

Orange Firecat is a large, bright flower.

9 years ago

Orchids and Gold is a beautiful flower, but we're not sure how hardy it is. It has been rather slow to get established but it's not dwindling. It's an offspring of Kaskel's Best Edge which is known to be tender.

9 years ago

Outrageous is an old one--from 1978. My husband loves it but I think its color is harsh. I like them fancier too.

9 years ago

Open My Eyes is relatively new to the garden so performance is still questionable, but we love the eye and edge on this one.

9 years ago

This is Orange Splash. We don't grow it (I'm surprised it's not on the wish list since my husband loves orange). We photographed it growing at the Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus, Ohio.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

I have very little in the O family.

Orchid Majesty:

{{gwi:2124465}}

Orchid corsage:

{{!gwi}}

Overflowing Heart:

{{gwi:2124466}}

{{gwi:2124467}}

this one just bloomed and bloomed and bloomed this year. wonderful plant!

And that is it for O

kay

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay,
    I love your Overflowing Heart. It is going on my list, hope I have room for it.

Nan,
    Love your Oceans Eleven. Nice small ones are hard to find it seems. Hope I have room for that also.

Brad,
    Planted A large Orchid Corsage in September. Hope we can compare pictures this time next year.

Maryl,

Love the delicate colors on Orchid Gilded Ruffles!

Sherry

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Already so many nice ones. Great picture of Ocean's Eleven, I have it also, and love it. Open My Eyes is also one of my favorites.
    Overflowing Heart is really pretty!!

I have other Os
    Odd Ball, blooms late, so it stays for that .

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Optical Art.

great blooms!
    cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Ornamental Focus

One of the first ones to bloom in my garden.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

On to Something

Nice bloom, but has never increased. Same two fans for years.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Old King Cole

It's an older daylily. Like it well enough, but it does have some trouble opening when the weather isn't ideal.

cindy

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Old KIng Cole is a beauty as well as Overflowing Heart.I need both of those,, so prettyyy.

jean

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Oh, I do have some "O"'s to post!

Here is Open Hearth which put on quite a show last season:
    {{gwi:2124468}}

October Snow
    {{gwi:2124469}}

• User
    9 years ago

I love Oceans Eleven - the eye is beautiful. I don't have a lot of "O"s - just Orchard Chorsage.