Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Blooms from last season

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 0:51

Here are a few of my favorite blooms. They weren't necessarily top performers, but they were some that really turned heads.

Favorite red: INSIDER TRADING

This post was edited by shive on Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 0:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite purple

Favorite purple: JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM

o
RE: Favorite Blooms from last season

Favorite Pink - AMERICAN DOLL

o

Favorite near white - COCONUT GROVE

o

FAVORITE CORAL - ONCE UPON A DREAM

o

Favorite red-eyed daylily - RUBY LIPSTICK

o

Favorite eyed and edged daylily - GILDED BY GRACE

o

FAVORITE applique - FABERGE EASTER

o
RE: Favorite toothy

Favorite toothy cultivar - ANNETTE'S MAGIC

o

FAVORITE tet unusual form - BLAZING SADDLES

o

Favorite dip unusual form - SHELBY

o

Favorite patterned eye - AZTEC HEADDRESS

This post was edited by shive on Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 1:21

o

Favorite Orange - SPACECOAST OJO ROJO

o

Insider Trading has such a great shade of red. I have Ruby Lipstick & love that one too, one of my favorites this year in my garden too. I only have 1 applique in my collection and no intricate patterned daylilies so I love, love love AZTEC HEADDRESS and AZTEC HEADDRESS. Shelby is lovely too, & that last is a great orange. Great photos & such a treat to see on this brr, cold morning.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 0:09

I really like SC Ojo Rojo....I'm glad because I have it ordered for Spring delivery :)

Aztec Headress and Shelby are also beautiful!

Tammy

o

Tammy - SC Ojo Rojo is short but very striking.

o

Thanks for the pick me up! Every time I see you post Shelby I move it toward the top of my wish list.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 17:50

Wow again. I could kick myself now for turning down Jeannie Deaver's Dream. For some reason I didn't think the color would be that deep and rich....And just when I think I don't like something you post one of your daylilies that proves me wrong. In this case it's white (or what passes for white) and a pattern or eyed daylily. Ruby Lipstick is beautiful, and the pattern on Fabrege Easter is a real stunner. Does the pattern color hold all day or fade out?.....Maryl

o

Maryl - Faberge blooms very early before it gets very hot, and so far it hasn't had many blooms, It does not perform well here yet, possibly because it was planted in a drought year. On the the days when it did bloom, it held its color.

Jeanne Deaver's Dream is my very favorite purple. I hope I don't lose it over the winter. It's still in a pot here because I use for hybridizing.

Debra

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 2:30

Thanks Debra and rats on missing out on Jeanne DD. There's always next year though....We've gotten down in the single digits more this year then I can remember in a long time. Most of my daylilies are in pots left outside in a somewhat sheltered area. Will the area be sheltered enough? Stay tuned...........Maryl

o

Maryl - Hope your daylilies in pots made it through this long, cold winter. Most of mine in pots have started sprouting, and even some of my seedlings still in plastic cups seem to have survived.

Debra

o

Glad to see this post. I will look forward to updates on these cultivars this season. Insider Trading has struggled here. Am trying Jean Deaver and Blazing Saddles. Gilded by Grace and Ruby Lipstick are good performers here, but Ruby Lipstick is not so white here.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 22:11

o

debra they are all so very pretty,I like them all, but ater scrolling up and down awhile,I think I like FABERGE EASTER the best of them.But, I really like JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM a lot, too.That AZTEC HEADDRESS ia BEAUTY, TOO..

jean

o

Beautiful daylilies and great pictures. I love the way you categorized all your favorites. Ruby Lipstick every time is a favorite every time I see it.
Val

o

Debra, I love all your favorites, but I'd put SHELBY at the top of the list - so curly, girly and delicate - looks like a party decoration! Thanks for sharing.
Kathy

o

Debra, thanks for posting your beautiful daylilies. You get me excited for the season to start. I love Ruby Lipstick but can't find a place to order it. They are all sold out. Don't stop posting pictures. I love them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here