Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

The gorgeous "G"daylilies

The gorgeous G dayliles are up! Let's see what ya got! This has been fun so far. I am still seeing varieties that are new to me everyday!

Sherry

Comments (29)

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I've been seeing new to me varieties every day too. Unfortunately, I've added new ones to my already long wish list every day too :)
    Extra petals on Gadsden Goliath
    {{gwi:2124514}}

Gemini Jack

Gentle shepherd, an older one, but a nice white

Gift from Heaven

Gillian, almost lost this one last year

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Gaudy Gaudy is one of our favorite yellows although it could be a bit taller for our tastes.

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Tue, Jan 13, 15 at 11:04

9 years ago

Gavin Petit is a wonderful daylily. We love the bold colors on this one.

9 years ago

God Save the Queen is another outstanding daylily.

9 years ago

Goldenzelle never get very tall for us and doesn't increase well but the flowers are beautiful.

9 years ago

Gudrid is a tall, vigorous, floriferous diploid. We don't grow many dips (it was a bonus plant) but we keep it because it does so well here.

9 years ago

Gus Townsend is short but does very well here. The color is nice and rich with just a slight edge. It increases well too.

9 years ago

Gypsy Rose is a hardy, vigorous, rose red with a gold edge. Its fault is that the petals are sort of soft and it doesn't look good by the end of the day.

9 years ago

Gaudeamus has been slow to get established in our garden. It was only one fan when we planted it. Maybe that's the reason it's been slow. Also, it is more peach than pink. I hope this season it's able to show its stuff.

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

I am home today and would like to post a few Gs
    I am using pics from Bluegrass Gardens. David Burris is the owner and has a very nice selection.

Grimhild

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

Gudrid

It is a very nice tall dl.

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

Guineas on Parade

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

Galaxy Explosion, it is one of David's own intros.

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

HoosierNan, I also grow Gavin Petit and God Save the Queen. Both are garden classics.
    These threads can be dangerous! I see some that I would love to add.

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

George Jets On! Nice smaller bloom.

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

So many nice pictures of wonderful daylilies, thanks for starting this alphabet!! So nice to plan and make lists, when it is so dreary out.
    This is Guided by Voices ( Hanson )

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

God Save the Queen has been on my list!!

I also have Gillian, and it is a fav!!
    This is Grape Pretender, a bonus plant from Maryott, took awhile to bloom. of course I moved it once too, guess it likes it's current location

Cindy

• del_s
    9 years ago

Garnet Jewel.

• del_s
    9 years ago

Good Old Boy.

• Bluegrassmom
    9 years ago

I love Green Eyed Pat! Never heard of that one before.
    Does it increase well and would you say it is a good all round plant?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

I'm really a full figured flower lover but UFs like Galaxy Explosion are a good example of why I may be slowly changing my opinion about them. Great color and pattern....Green Eyed Pat is sure a lovely pastel color combination. And I've always enjoyed the Bumblebee pattern/color on daylilies so am quite taken with Good Old Boy too......This is all so much fun......Maryl

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Thank you for posting such beautiful pattern and eyed daylilies. My favorites are Green Eyed Pat, Goldenzelle, Good Old Boy, Gift from Heaven, and Gillian. I have not been much into eyed daylilies but your beautiful photos are converting me.

This is Glory Remains,

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

So many nice flowers posted!
    Here's my G's. They are nice, but none of them are exceptional at blooming. I also have Gadsden Goliath, which is also just average at blooming.
    Brad

This post was edited by readdream on Wed, Jan 14, 15 at 11:34

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Grand Palais older Munson.

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

another post on Green Eyed Pat, it does well here, but it is a dormant. It tends to bloom late, and has a long bloom time, often still blooming with the fall mums.

Cindy

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

One more G-Grape Velvet.
    Brad

• hostabff
    9 years ago

Greywoods Fashionista

Greywoods Road to Mecca

Greywoods Cowgirl Cassanova

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hostabff,

Like your Greywoods fasionista! I see you have hostas growing with your daylilies, how is that working for you? I have a large clump of Halcyon growing next to a large old red daylily. That has worked fine but haven't tried any other combos

Sherry

Sponsored
Unparalleled Design & Dedicated to Quality in Loudoun County