Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

Those nice "N" dayliles get their chance!

The nice "N" daylilies get their turn now! Just a reminder, when we finish the alphabet posts we will do a post for noids. If anyone has any more suggestions for a post after the noids just add the suggestion and we will give it a try. I think Brad suggested the noid post and we thought that was a good one to do. .

My N is Night Embers. It was new to my garden last season. I liked the rich color!

Sherry

Comments (29)

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    9 years ago

Nefertiti is an old one--one of the first we purchased.

9 years ago

Never Too Late is a beautiful late bloomer. We love the fanciness of it and the abundance of blooms we get when everything else in the garden is winding down. It's hardy too.

9 years ago

New Tangerine Twist has become one of our favorite daylilies. It's vigorous and healthy with tons of blooms. It also sets seed well.

9 years ago

There is nothing fancy about Newberry News, but it's a great daylily. It is a very large flower too.

9 years ago

Nite Bite is relatively new to our garden so it hasn't yet gotten established. I hope it is hardy enough to thrive. I love the blooms.

9 years ago

No Blue Oxfords is tall and vigorous. Richard Norris says this is one of his best rebloomers (or at least was at the time he gave it to us as a bonus).

9 years ago

Northern Fancy is a tall vigorous plant, but I think the color is rather harsh. It tends to be splotchy too.

9 years ago

Notify Ground Crew is an interesting daylily. It is very tall, registered at 72 inches. It's nocturnal. It opens at about 4 in the afternoon and closes early the next morning. (If you want to hybridize with it, pollinate it in the evening.) It's a great daylily for those who work because you get to see fresh flowers everyday instead of wilted ones. It is pure yellow and rather trumpet shaped. The scapes also do a good job of standing on their own.

9 years ago

Now or Never was new to the garden last spring but I was impressed with it. It bloomed and rebloomed. It is southern-bred so it remains to be seen if it is hardy.

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Tue, Jan 27, 15 at 12:48

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

Not fancy but I think Night Beacon is a classic.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nan, nice to see your Notify Ground Crew. Got one as a freebie this past fall and didnt know about this type of daylily. It will be interesting to see how it does here.

Sherry

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

No Man's Land

a Hanson, new last summer.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Ninja Throwing Star

I got this one, due to someone here on the forum posting such great pics of it.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Nile Crane --- Old Munson, 1978

Will always keep this one.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Nanuq

Have it growing in a pot, and it does great!!
    nice white

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

New Series. good increase

Cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Navajo Princess

This one stands out, It didn't do well during our last terrible winter ,it was down to one fan, I love it, so I bought more from a local grower, and put it in a large pot.

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Neon Rainbow

cindy

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

Night Wings,

early bloomer, really strong plant

cindy

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

I'm just enjoying the view, and it is good! I have no N's.
    Brad

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Wonderful picture of Night Embers Sherry. Night Beacon got my attention too. I discovered I currently don't have any N's, so I will just enjoy everyone elses......Maryl

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cindy, enjoying your pictures as usual and the big green throats in a couple of yours caught my eye today. It is such a nice contrast to the flower colors. Going to have to make sure I have a few with that co bination.

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

This is the first time I ever got such heavy bloom from Nile Crane:

{{gwi:2124723}}

North Wind Dancer:

{{gwi:2124724}}

Favorite NOID:

Noel Weston

{{gwi:2124725}}

New Paradigm:

{{gwi:2124726}}

I'll probably see more when the "O"s come up, but this is it

kay

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay,
    Particularly liked North Wind Dancer today! Gorgeous bloom!

Sherry

• Billi
    9 years ago

Nancy- Nefertiti and Nite Bite look amazing. Are the colours on NB true?
    Billi.

9 years ago

Billie, I would say the colors in the photo of Nite Bite are pretty accurate.

This post was edited by hoosier_nan on Fri, Jan 30, 15 at 10:36

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

Oh, I love your Northwind Dancer and Noel Weston, Kay! I hope my ND will perform better this year. Night Beacon has such a nice contrast of green and purple shades.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Those are some gorgeous daylilies.especially NIGHT BEACON. I ordered it a few years ago, but, what I got was not night beacon, but, it died a few months later anyway.

jean

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
    9 years ago

I like all forms but sometimes simplicity screams doesn't it?
    Night Beacon always performs beautifully. Happy to see an oldie being appreciated!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms