Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl929

Visit my Blog

flowergirl929
11 years ago

I love posting pictures of my daylilies and want to invite you all to visit my blog. I have so many pictures that it would overwhelm this forum! Let me know what you think, any helpful criticism is encouraged. rothdaylilies.blogspot.com
Theresa

Comments (18)

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This was supposed to be added but I don't know why it didn't.

• floota
    11 years ago

Hi Theresa,
    I enjoyed your blog very much and really liked your images. Just a suggestion: IMHO, the background, while pretty, is distracting and pulls your eye away from the actual pictures on the blog. If it were me, I'd go with a simpler background so that the viewers eye stays on the page. Just a thought!

Best wishes,

Julie Covington

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you mean to sides of the blog? Oh how I love your blog, it's humbling to have you see mine! Thank you for checking it out and commenting.

• floota
    11 years ago

Yes, the background (on the sides)is what I was referring to. It's sort of like when you take a picture - the part we call "composition" - not having distracting elements in the background such as feet(shoes) tags, icky foliage, spent blooms, etc. because all of those things pull the viewers eye away from what you REALLY want them to focus on, which is the beauty of the bloom! In my years of judging photography contests, I've found that the element people pay the least attention to in photography is composition.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

The wallpaper on the sides is very pretty but I would agree that it is a bit distracting when reading your blog and viewing the pictures. Most bloggers will keep the wallpaper a solid color on either side of the written stuff and pics.
    Keeps us, the readers, focused on what your saying. If using a pretty wallpaper like that, I've seen more people put it up as a banner across the top so when reading, and moving the page down, it disappears so your not distracted.

Either way, congrats on getting your blog up and much success in your new business adventure. :-).

Julia

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

I enjoyed your blog!!! More daylilies to view. I also linked your blog on mine.
    Cindy

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I could not get to it, why not post a link to it, like JUlia (Floota) does to be able to see it

jean

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you google Rothdaylily blog it will take you to a page that you can click on the blog.

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cindy, thanks for linking my blog to yours! I need all the help I can get. I really enjoy all of your pictures so much. I just love the lake and seeing the cats also, they always seem like they enjoy the garden. I was really sorry to read about little Whiskey though.

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures, Theresa.

Nancy

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, I try and add pictures every week, at least for now.

• alpha_5
    11 years ago

Wow Theresa! You've been busy. I love your blog. Theresa is my good daylily buddy. Her garden is already breathtaking and it is still in its infancy. It is smack dab in the middle of some of the richest farmland on earth and the daylilies love it there!

If you are ever in central Illinois during our bloom season you owe it to yourself to look her up.

Dale

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Dale! I can't wait to see those blooms again this summer. Hurry back

• darobi2459
    11 years ago

I am a newbie in the DL world and a central Illinois resident too, It seems I have a couple trips to make to your garden as well as Cindy's and Dale's :)Very nice Blog Theresa!

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love new visitors! Dale and Cindy have some real beauties, I know you will have a great time.

• Old_Gardener63
    11 years ago

What a wonderful blog and I like how you can get to your "sell site" from there. I did notice, though, that on the other site, you ask for people to email you prior to ordering but I can't seem to find the email address. (I may just be having a senior moment, though). If you could direct me, I sure would appreciate it! Again, great blog!!

• flowergirl929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about the absence of email! I am terrible when it comes to computers. I am much better with a shovel that's for sure. I added my email address to my about page. Let me know if you have any more trouble finding it. I really appreciate your comments.
    Theresa

• Old_Gardener63
    11 years ago

Thank you for the email address - very easy to find now. I sent you an email regarding availability.... Again, great blog and website!