Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hubcap93

length of bloom and any recommendatons

hubcap93
10 years ago

Happy New Years Day everybody, would like to know what you all think of these daylilies that I have seen so many beautiful pictures of and since none are RE bloomers if under ideal conditions what is the approx. length of bloom, I'm looking to finish off my day lily beds? If you have one that you would recommend I'm all ears. 1) Black Falcon Ritual 2) Joan Derifield 3) Mean Green 4) Bela Lugosi 5) Rambunctious Rosie 6) Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee. 7) Mary's Gold, Also a tall Cream day lily any suggestions. thanx in advance

Comments (6)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

The only one I have is Bela Lugosi, a really great "black" daylily. It often reblooms, & seems to have quite a long blooming season. I haven't kept exact records on how long it does last. It did really well this past season, but all my daylilies seemed to bloom exceptionally long time with all the rain we got. Gimmee Gimmee Gimmie & Rambunctious Rosie don't aren't familiar to me, but I see people recommending the others quite often.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I have BLACK FALCON RITUAL, MEAN GREEN, JOAN DERIFIELD and RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE.

All good choices but like Nancy commented, we had a lot of rain last season here too, so everything went into bloom overload and bloomed longer than usual here but on average looking back 2 years of different weather, they do good. I don't think any of them would be a bad choice....at least not in my zone.

Julia

• hubcap93
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks alot for the replies, I appreciate it, looks like I"m going to have a hard decision to make. I do like Re bloomers but these just look to good to pass up

• shive
    10 years ago

BELA LUGOSI blooms for around four weeks here, and it always seems to have plenty of blooms with or without rain. BLACK FALCON RITUAL is striking, but it doesn't bloom as long or have as many buds as Bela. As for a tall cream daylily, how tall, and do you want cream yellow or near white?

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    10 years ago

I have So Lovely cream daylily, and it is an awesome bloomer and rebloomer. Nothing seems to disturb it.

• hubcap93
    Original Author
    10 years ago

as far as a cream day lily goes I would go with cream yellow and at least 36 inches on up with rebloom preferably.