Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendation for Ordering

Posted by Evelyn256 9 SoCal (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 10:56

Newbie Question-Do you have a favorite online daylily ordering place?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendation for Ordering

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 13:34

I've gone wild the past couple of years ordering, but here are my favorites in terms of size, health, and bonus.

Blueridge - huge healthhy plants a wonderful bonus!! either on The Lily Auction or Blooming Auction http://thebloomingauction.com/storecatalog.asp?userid=3
or
http://www.daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?searchtype=seller&searchstring=Blueridge)

but really pretty much everyone selling on the LA has provided great plants!

Valley of the Daylilies has really great prices. Their plants vary in size and they cut their clumps, but always bounce right back for me.

Maryott's : excellent bonus plants

Here are some more I've been very pleased with:
Shaw's Sunshine Gardens
Homestead Farms Daylilies
Ogden Station
Sunshine Hollow
Woodhenge Gardens
Roycroft
Daylilies Buy George (taking over his grandparents business, Ridaught Dayliliy Farm)

I've only done pickup orders from these because they're local, but they have excellent plants and they also offer mail order...
Delano Daylilies
Oakes Dayliles
Champion Daylilies

There's quite a few more I've ordered from, but these are the standouts for me....

Have fun :)
Tammy

o

I 2nd Blueridge, large healthy plants, 3/4 of mine bloomed the same year I received them and he also sent lots of bonus plants. Earlybird was also great, I received my first order from her and after I spoke to her (if I recall correctly her name is Robin) and told her i was new to Daylillies, she sent me 28 different plants for $150 including shipping, witch was $42. I planted them in July 2012, very hot and they all bloomed this year. Also, most of what she sent were clumps, 3+ fans.

Gale

o

Wow, you guys must have large yards! Thank you so much. I recognized Maryott. I used to live in San Jose, so used to visit him when all he sold were iris, but then he switched over to daylilies. I can see myself getting hooked, but my planting area is limited to a rather rocky hillside. They may not like it there, but I will try to encourage them. So beautiful, they are. Thanks for recommendations.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 16:57

I've only ordered daylilies from 5 different places.

Two of the places were okay, but doubt I'll order from them again.

I definitely would recommend these 3 companies

Maryott's - ordered 1 time
Singing Oakes Gardens - ordered 2 times
Wynn's - ordered 2 times

o

I would recommend all of the ones already mentioned, plus Haven Daylily Gardens.

Debra

o

What about Oakes .Smokeys and Gilbert Wild? Any thoughts on them?

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 23:58

Oakes is great! I've been to their farm and its very well run and their plants are HUGE!

Smokey's and Gilbert Wild have very small plants, but they've always grown well for me.

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 17:53

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here