Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
evelyn256

Recommendation for Ordering

Evelyn256
10 years ago

Newbie Question-Do you have a favorite online daylily ordering place?

Comments (7)

• TNY78
    10 years ago

I've gone wild the past couple of years ordering, but here are my favorites in terms of size, health, and bonus.

Blueridge - huge healthhy plants a wonderful bonus!! either on The Lily Auction or Blooming Auction http://thebloomingauction.com/storecatalog.asp?userid=3
    or
    http://www.daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?searchtype=seller&searchstring=Blueridge)

but really pretty much everyone selling on the LA has provided great plants!

Valley of the Daylilies has really great prices. Their plants vary in size and they cut their clumps, but always bounce right back for me.

Maryott's : excellent bonus plants

Here are some more I've been very pleased with:
    Shaw's Sunshine Gardens
    Homestead Farms Daylilies
    Ogden Station
    Sunshine Hollow
    Woodhenge Gardens
    Roycroft
    Daylilies Buy George (taking over his grandparents business, Ridaught Dayliliy Farm)

I've only done pickup orders from these because they're local, but they have excellent plants and they also offer mail order...
    Delano Daylilies
    Oakes Dayliles
    Champion Daylilies

There's quite a few more I've ordered from, but these are the standouts for me....

Have fun :)
    Tammy

• gdjcb
    10 years ago

I 2nd Blueridge, large healthy plants, 3/4 of mine bloomed the same year I received them and he also sent lots of bonus plants. Earlybird was also great, I received my first order from her and after I spoke to her (if I recall correctly her name is Robin) and told her i was new to Daylillies, she sent me 28 different plants for $150 including shipping, witch was $42. I planted them in July 2012, very hot and they all bloomed this year. Also, most of what she sent were clumps, 3+ fans.

Gale

• Evelyn256
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, you guys must have large yards! Thank you so much. I recognized Maryott. I used to live in San Jose, so used to visit him when all he sold were iris, but then he switched over to daylilies. I can see myself getting hooked, but my planting area is limited to a rather rocky hillside. They may not like it there, but I will try to encourage them. So beautiful, they are. Thanks for recommendations.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

I've only ordered daylilies from 5 different places.

Two of the places were okay, but doubt I'll order from them again.

I definitely would recommend these 3 companies

Maryott's - ordered 1 time
    Singing Oakes Gardens - ordered 2 times
    Wynn's - ordered 2 times

• shive
    10 years ago

I would recommend all of the ones already mentioned, plus Haven Daylily Gardens.

Debra

• hokierustywilliamsbu
    10 years ago

What about Oakes .Smokeys and Gilbert Wild? Any thoughts on them?

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Oakes is great! I've been to their farm and its very well run and their plants are HUGE!

Smokey's and Gilbert Wild have very small plants, but they've always grown well for me.

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 17:53

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations