Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

Virtual Garden Tour

Cindy zone 6a
11 years ago

I started going through my garden pics. What else can you do, except hang out at that auction! Thought I would post a few. Seems I had more single bloom pics, rather than overall pics, I will have to remember to take more. These pics help me too, in trying to plan what to move, and add!! Hope it is not too many......
Cindy
Lets start!!
{{gwi:650365}}
I always start with the daffs! and to think I added more this past fall, and I still see spots where there could be even more!
{{gwi:650366}}
{{gwi:650367}}
Tulips, this is Maureen, a white tulip that has remained in my garden for many many years. a reliable one for sure.
{{gwi:650368}}
Then the dwarf iris pop out, I added many dwarfs this past summer.
{{gwi:650370}}
Tall Bearded Iris, a favorite here!! Coffee Trader
{{gwi:650372}}
Every Garden needs a clematis, don't you all agree?
{{gwi:650373}}
Pre daylily bloom shots!
{{gwi:650374}}
{{gwi:650375}}
Daylily Time! A section of yellows.
{{gwi:650376}}
Section of eyed daylilies. I see Meet Joe Black, Awesome Candy, Volusian Spider, Moonlight Masquarde, few others.
{{gwi:650378}}
My back yard bed, lots of oldies in this area. I need to take more pics of this area. The bed in the front of the pic is for all pink daylilies.
{{gwi:650380}}
Lakeside bed, yes the bright orange one is Primal Scream.
{{gwi:650382}}
A side bed with hosta and daylilies, the one in the front of the pic is New Series.
{{gwi:650384}}
Babe enjoying one of his last few days as an outside cat!
{{gwi:650386}}
Butterfly pic for fun
{{gwi:650388}}
Daylilies, I think the prominent lavender one is Celestial Shore?
{{gwi:650390}}
Long view of beds
{{gwi:650392}}
Another bed
{{gwi:650394}}
Bucket full of blooms!
{{gwi:650397}}
Patio bed, closer to the house
{{gwi:650398}}
Now I am waiting for my forced daffodils to bloom inside, any day now!
{{gwi:650401}}

Comments (14)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Too Many? surely you jest, Cindy! In the dreary winter landscape, the beautiful photos of your garden are a true day-brightener. Your beds are gorgeous and the setting is just wonderful.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I so enjoy looking at your pics. All those bulbs you grow. Goodness, I was so tired last fall planting and couldn't wait till the last bulb was in the ground.

The pic that really catches my eye is the lupine with the poppy. What a great contrast of color and with the lake in the background is just so picturesque. Hope you got to enjoy your new lakeside deck with the pergola. Very charming.

And then to top it off with all those daylilies, coneflowers and hostas just looks like a great place to sit and reflect.

Thanks for posting these. Such a snowy cold day here, it was a pleasure to view your photos.
    Julia

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

I always enjoy your garden! Thanks for sharing

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Geez, had a reply all ready to post, when everything disappeared, including my reply, so had to start over,which is not easy for me with a bum wrist that dont cooperate.Love your pictures,and that Lake in the background.your daffs are so pretty and the tulips too. and I agres, everyone needs some clematis in the garden,Yours is very pretty.Nice to see BABE again, too.

Jean

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

What a treat for a winter day! Your garden is,beautiful--something for every part of the growing season. Your waterfront deck must be such a great place to sit and enjoy the views of the garden and the lake--if you ever get a chance to sit down.
    Val

• daredevil
    11 years ago

There's a slew of reasons I really enjoyed your garden photos, Cindy, and Celeste's too. While the number one is that it was 5 degrees here this morning, number 2 is because I rarely get to see daylilies, or much of any flowers, in real gardens. Mine are all in one field protected against deer by a solar electric fence in summer. What little real gardening I do is limited to the semishade at the edge of the woods where plants must positively be deer and groundhog resistant. Thanks so much for sharing!

Linda

• pamghatten
    11 years ago

Great pictures, great gardens ... and I am very envious of your covered dock/deck on the water ... that looks so inviting!

• Cindy zone 6a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all!! Yes, I do take time to enjoy the new deck. I ate every meal there in the summer when the deck was finished, and any time that the weather is warm enough!! I also like to sit there and read. The builder did a great job. I don't have as much garden space as I would like, and the way the deck was situated, it didn't take up any precious garden space. I planted a new white clematis on one side and a climbing rose ( Peace ) on the other side.
    Spring will be here soon , I hope!!
    Cindy

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Such a relaxing setting. Always envious of lupines in cooler climates.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

I enjoyed the tour through your garden, Cindy! There is so much to look at and all of it is wonderful. I like your bottle tree, birdhouses/birdfeeders, benches and garden art and most especially the beautiful deck on the lake. You are very lucky to have such a prime spot. It's all so very pretty and serene. The icing on the cake was adorable Babe! Hope he's liking being an inside cat now.

Celeste

• andres_zone3
    11 years ago

What an amazing garden Cindy! Just a couple of questions. What variety is the red clematis? Also do you dig up the daffodils after theyre done blooming or do they stay in the bed and other perennials grow over them?

• Cindy zone 6a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, The red clematis was supposed to be Jackmanii, but it isn't as purple as that variety is supposed to be. What was amazing though, is that I started to get a variety of blooms, six different ones, from a large white bloom, to a pale blue, I only planted the one clematis there. It has been there a very long time, more than 15 years. I was told that the other blooms are seedlings. I did note that clematis seemed to be growing all over that area.
    The daffodils remain. Many were there first, then I planted the perennials around them to cover the folliage, I have also added many, many bulbs in between the other plants. When I have to divide, I need to use a garden fork and dig carefully!
    Cindy

• sophies
    11 years ago

How lovely. Thanks for posting. Your gardens are an inspiration to me.

• crackingtheconcrete
    11 years ago

I always love seeing your pictures! I especially liked the photo of the old bed with its mix of daylilies and other plants, as well as the daylilies with the mass of gorgeous Echinacea. I struggle with interplanting things that look good with daylilies sometimes..