Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jordan Verhaert or Dan Mahoney?

Posted by pink_petals z6 PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 12:22

Can someone who either grows both of these, or seen both of them in person , tell me which they think has the best form, color and edging? Are they significantly different from each other? I have DM, but haven't seen it in bloom yet. I was considering JV, but don't want to get it if they are too much alike. thanks so much for your advice!

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jordan Verhaert or Dan Mahoney?

I have Dan Mahoney, itsone of my favorites. From the pictures on the web of Jordan Verhaert, my DM seems a slightly deeper pink petaled. Marti Gras Parade is Also very similar. I dont have enough space to enjoy near duplicates.

o

i thought this was Dan Mahony but now i'm not sure. Does anyone know?

o

flowergirl--I am thinking it's not Dan Mahony because in every one of the 4 pictures I put in my downloads file, it seems to be pink , not peach, and the petals have a darker edge. But I could be wrong--I'm constantly amazed (and frustrated!) that I can find 10 or 20 pictures of the same daylily on the web, and you would never guess in a million years that it WAS the same daylily!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here