Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

What'd Ya Get for Christmas?

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Did you get (or give yourself) something you really wanted for Christmas?

I got to much, as usual. Son's family gave me a neat wheeled garden cart that is very light and ideal for hauling a bag of Black Kow or Alfalfa. Daughter- gift certificate and I used it to get the Landscaping with Daylilies book.

DH - too much to mention, but a nice 4 gallon battery powered sprayer and cart, and he actually gave me the Rosetta Stone for Spanish that I had wanted for a long time.
kay

Comments (5)

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

All such nice gifts!! Now you will have to give us all a review on the book!A wheeled garden cart, that is wonderful. You have a thoughtful family.
    My children are very generous. Of course the gardening gifts, a cute cement bird bath that is very different. A great rain gauge, a bird house, and other garden ornaments!! Two nice plant stands that I will use inside for my houseplants.
    Then my son bought and installed security cameras that run 24/7 and store the 'movies'. Three cameras in total, so I can see every aspect of my gardens and entry ways. Well, it is a long story, (i wrote about it on my gardening blog,) the cameras were needed, and I feel so much better with them.
    Then I placed an order with Dan Hanson, my gift to myself!
    ordered Got Milk, Pockets Full of Sunshine , and Squirrel Beater.

Cindy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cindy, I knew you always get great garden presents. Love bird baths and bird houses...Good to have security cameras in this day and age. What kind of ornaments did you get this time?

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I got mostly things for the kitchen as I love all new gadgets and when the family visits, it is a cooking feast. Gotta have the right tools indoors as well as outdoors :-).

Sounds like each of you have gotten some great garden items.

Cindy: Sad to hear that you've had to feel like a prisoner in your own home and scared for your own and your pets safety. BTW, great blog.

Julia

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

Hubby found a colored pencil sketch of butterflies at an antique shop, a necklace and earrings and a gift cert. to my favorite hobby shop where I like to find things to play with among other gifts. The kids got us a dinner out, a 6 month membership to Netflicks-(something to do in the cold weather months!)and some ornaments for my Christmas tree. I have been adding German glass animals a few a year. So I now have a glass llama and an owl as well as a little bushy squirrel that looks like it is made of some kind of dried plant. kinda bottle brushy with wood ears and arms.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Hi Kay,
    Well it certainly was a Christmas of excess around here. All 3 of my children went overboard on gifts which are too numerous to mention. But nothing can top my LATE Christmas present which arrived December 30....my newest grandbaby, Jackson! He was due on Dec. 23 so we were thinking he'd come on Christmas. My hubby took my many and not-so-subtle hints and got me VERY generous gift certificates to Harmon Hill Farm in southern NH which has the most marvelous garden full of thousands of daylilies.
    Now I can go back and shop without guilt this summer. I saw so many I wanted this summer and made a list, but hubby was with me so I only bought 3. With my gift cards I figure I can easily get 10 so I am ecstatic.

Celeste

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area