Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
readdream

frustrating shipping costs

Brad KY 6b
9 years ago

There are 3 daylilies I hoped to order this spring. but the frustrating thing is that all three are at different places, which means 3 different shipping costs, which really brings up the price.
Brad

Comments (9)

• lynxe
    9 years ago

Yes, isn't that frustrating! I was all set to bid on an auction plant a few days ago, but it was the only one offered by the seller I was interested in, and the base shipping cost was HIGH, and it would have seemed outrageous to pay that much for a few fans! (I realize there's a lot of work involved in getting plants boxed up and out the door, but this base cost was simply too too much for me.) Needless to say, I quickly decided I didn't need the plant that much!

Do you know any daylily people close enough to you to share shipping costs on the orders? I've been doing that for quite a while now with someone. How about club members? Do you belong to any daylily clubs?

• Brad KY 6b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I probably should join the local daylily group. I did several years ago but never went to any meetings so got no benefits. There are 3 or 4 places that sell in the summer; I'll have to see if they have the specific ones I want.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

That has kept me from buying too. Sometimes the daylily prices haven't been all that bad, but when you add the shipping costs. Like you said, unless Iwant to order several from that seller, it usually isn't worth it to me.

• Brad KY 6b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Of the 170 daylilies I have, I'd say about half were traded for, and most of the rest bought locally. Very few have been purchased by mail. I like to trade!
    Brad

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Brad: Which ones are you looking for?

Julia

• Brad KY 6b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julia,
    The ones I'm most interested in are:
    Berma Abercrombie, Bombay Silk, Maui Sunrise & Joan Derifield
    They all seem to be large beauties that also bloom well.
    Brad.

This post was edited by readdream on Wed, Jan 7, 15 at 10:01

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Brad: I have 3 of the ones your looking for. Berma Abercrombie, Joan Derifield and Maui Sunrise.
    I know that BA has increased significantly and I need to divide so can send you some for postage. Also, not sure if I got to divide JD, but if I didn't, I can send you some of that one too. Maui Sunrise I have to check after this winter to see what the growth has been for that one. May not be able to send several fans of MS but perhaps a couple. Won't be able to dig here till around April/May timeframe. Let me know if your interested.
    Julia

• Brad KY 6b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes Julia, I would be very interested and I really appreciate it! Thanks so very much.
    Brad

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

Okay, just remind me mid March so I can put it on my list to do first when I start digging again. Hopefully we can get good weather early this year instead of what happened in spriing 2014.