Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Fun photos of summer visitors

celeste/NH
11 years ago

There's snow everywhere out there and we've started a new year, but what to do when there's nothing going on in the garden? Go through old photos and find some that will help cure the winter doldrums! Hope you enjoy these...I have SO many photos of my gardens, daylilies, etc that I have never posted....so if you want more, let me know!
(I have to clean out all photos from 2012 and I have hundreds of daylily and garden shots).

Celeste

Some visitors.....(Canada geese)
{{gwi:656869}}
{{gwi:656871}}
{{gwi:656873}}

{{gwi:656875}}

my watergardens
{{gwi:656876}}

{{gwi:656877}}

happy frogs that stay in my watergardens all summer....
{{gwi:656878}}
{{gwi:656880}}

{{gwi:656882}}

{{gwi:656883}}

{{gwi:656884}}

{{gwi:656885}}

{{gwi:656886}}

{{gwi:656887}}

Cats in the garden...
NEMO

{{gwi:656889}}

LILY (my senior citizen)

ZEUS (indoor-only cause he's my baby)

Comments (14)

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Wow, nice grouping of pics. Butterflies are so pretty and you've captured them with all that pollen. Those frog photos are really cute they way they are huddled together and I believe that one picture looks as though it is smiling for the camera LOL. The kitties look very content.

I love going back and looking at photos and remembering those warm, sunny days when the air was filled with fragrance, a gentle breeze is blowing and the garden is filled with color.

Thanks for sharing.
    Julia

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Celeste, The pictures of all your summer visitors are great. Wish we had that many frogs around here. Sure makes me anxious to be able to get back out in the garden. I do enjoy a little break at this time of year, but winter is entirely too long for my taste.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

CELESTE: beautiful pictures. Love all the butterfly pictures.And the flowers, too.Not much on frogs,but you certainly took some great pictures of them.Just keep on posting your pictures,so we have some thing new to ook at.I have went to a bunch of past posts looking at the pictures, besides the ones I saved to favorites to look at again and again during witer months.

Jean

• swontgirl_z5a
    11 years ago

Lovely Lovely! Really like those frogs. I would love to have a pond so I could have some! Nice kitties too!
    Debbie

• daredevil
    11 years ago

Great shots, Celeste. I'm especially intrigued by the crab spider on the Echinacea. I've read that some flower crab spiders can change color to match their surroundings, and that one looks like it might have a streak of Echinacea pink. I know most of the ones that hang out on my daylily seedlings are toasty brown or muddy gold. LOL
    Always love seeing photos of kitties. Thanks for sharing.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Beautiful visitors, Celeste. The cats are awfully pretty too.
    kay

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Stunning photos I really like the baby geese so cute. Glad to see that Nemo, Lily and Zeus are looking so well.
    Linda

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Love all your summer visitor pics. The butterflys and cats are my fav. But the frogs!! That is amazing, I don't think I have ever seen such big, green frogs like that anywhere in my gardens or even near the lake. Keep the pics coming! Although in the spring the sounds of the frogs can be deafening, just havent' seen them.
    Cindy

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU for your comments. I've been busy with my new grandbaby lately but will be posting more photos soon.

About the frogs: They really are our 'pets' as strange as that sounds. I have 2 watergardens which are all natural and have no filtration systems so the frogs come from everywhere to take a dip. Each little pond has about a dozen or so 'residents' which stay all summer. They are fun to watch since they like to cuddle up when they climb onto the rocks to bask in the sun. They are incredibly tame and don't mind my getting right up close. I really enjoy them.

Celeste

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

The frogs must know you gave them their little sanctuary. :)

Beautiful garden photos!

Rena'

• jaco42
    11 years ago

Celeste, beautiful pictures of your garden, and it's friends. please post more, would love to see them.

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics to look at on this dreary, cold day. I especially love the coloring on your cat Nemo.

Thanks for the show -- Chris

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

please post some more pictures, CELESTE, They are all so beautiful.I have nothing that pretty around here to take pictures of.and seems like you are a great photo taker, too.

jean

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

I really enjoyed your pictures, it's nice to see so many butterflies.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm