Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weather

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 23:49

I do hope all of our forum friends are staying warm during this cold spell.Its really cold out tonight and suppose to be colder tomorrow night.We aint had weather this cold for over 20 years and I sure don't like it, but, nothing I can do about it other then try to stay warm.The wind is really howling outside, too, don't help matters much.Anyway, stay safe and as warm as you can.

jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weather

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 10:17

We're 18 degrees right now here, and going down to about zero tonight with a -20 windchill...and we're suppossed to live in the South! I feel terrible for all the people up North~

Tammy

o

It is -12 here now! I can also hear that wind blowing. No school today or tomorrow. Wind chills are predicted to be -30. I will be glad when this is over.

o

Wow. -12 is really cold.I use to have to walk to school when I was 8 yrs old in -15 and a few times at - 20,and couldn't feel my feet or hands when I got there.I will also be glad when this winter cold is over.Right now, here, its 15 and still droping.just hope everyone will be safe as possible till this is over.

jean

o

Sounded like a freight train last night with the wind. We are suppose to be at a windchill of -20 today but I don't feel like going out and seeing.
From the news report they closed part of the NYS Thruway because of blizzard conditions. No snow here today so far, just really, really cold. Good thing is when the temps go above zero, it will feel like spring LOL. Suppose to hit 50 on Sunday.

Julia

o

Julia,I bet its REALLY cold where you are at if you are anywhere close to one of them lakes up there.I just will be soo glad when this winter is over and warmer weather gets here again. course,l here in the spring, theirs a lot of storms and torndos buzzing around, so one is about as bad as the other, maybe.I know it got down to 9 here last night and the house was cold this morning and didn't get warm until this afternoon. its a old house with lots of tiny little cracks here and there.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here