Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylily Alphabet 2012--The Siloam's

Posted by tepelus 6a N. Ohio (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 7:38

I figured the S's would be long enough without the Siloam's, so let's have a thread dedicated to these beautiful daylilies.

Siloam Double Classic

Siloam Double Classic

Siloam Fine Art

Siloam Fine Art

Siloam Jim Cooper

Siloam Jim Cooper

Siloam June Bug

Siloam June Bug

Siloam New Toy

Siloam New Toy

Siloam Tee Tiny

Siloam Tee Tiny

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylily Alphabet 2012--The Siloam's

Smart call Karen!!
My Siloams Siloam Tiny Tim
SilaPhotobucket
Siloam Pink Petite
Photobucket
Siloam Leo Sharp, not a really good pic, due to the back lighting, but I'm learning.
Photobucket
Siloam Merle Kent
Photobucket
I have Double Classic too, but I suspect we will see it more, it does really great for me here. Cindy

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 8:20

I love Jim Cooper. Beautiful shade of red. I have two. I posted the first one a few years ago and someone said it was probably S. Virginia Henson. Sometimes it comes up with a tinge of pink, others it comes up this way. Whoever it is, it is one of my favorites. I also have Merle Kent but can't find my picture at the moment.
Siloam Virginia Henson

o

I thought I had more Siloams, but here they are.
Double Classic, a wonderful daylily.
Siloam Double Classic
S. Harold Flickinger
Siloam Har
S. Virginia Henson
Siloam  Virginia Henson

S. DAvid Kirchoff
Siloam David Kirchoff

o

Be sure to check out the AHS Database, as images of most of Pauline Henry's cultivars have just been added this weekend - I believe we're only missing about 40 out of the 470 or so cultivars she hybridized, If you do an advanced search ( type in Henry-P. as hybridizer) all of her cultivars will pop up.

I have a few of the Siloam cultivars although I've long ago gotten red of my Siloam bed, but am at the Cincinnati airport right now with limited time, so it will have to be later.

Just heard some great presentations this weekend at the Region 2 Mid-Winter meeting - Ted Petit was speaking this morning - most impressive!

o

I was thinking the same thing myself...the Siloams should have their own post! I know I have a lot of them, which were all acquired last year. I kind of went on a Siloam 'kick' last summer...haha. Some haven't bloomed yet, but these are the ones which did. I love these cute little bloomers...they are so hardy here!

SILOAM SMOKY JOE
Siloam Smoky Joe

SILOAM BO PEEP
Siloam Bo Peep

SILOAM SIMPLE SIMON
Siloam Simple Simon

SILOAM WOODY JAMES
Siloam Woody James

SILOAM PEONY DISPLAY
Siloam Peony Display

SILOAM RIBBON CANDY
Siloam Ribbon Candy

SILOAM GLORY BEE
Siloam Glory Bee

SILOAM DOODLEBUG
Siloam Doodlebug

SILOAM GUM DROP
Siloam Gum Drop

SILOAM NEW TOY
Siloam New Toy

SILOAM ETHEL SMITH

Siloam (probably Ethel Smith)

SILOAM SHOW GIRL
Siloam Show Girl

SILOAM FLOWER GIRL
Siloam Flower Girl

SILOAM APPLE BLOSSOM
Siloam Apple Blossom

I DON'T HAVE PHOTOS OF THE OTHERS, BUT THESE ARE THE OTHER SILOAMS I GROW....S. CINDERELLA; S. MERLE KENT; S. GOLDEN GATE; S. LITTLE SISTER; S. TOMMY TUCKER; S. PINK MIDGET; SILOAM SUGARPLUM; S. ROYAL PRINCE; S. DAVID KIRCHHOFF; S. TINY TIM; S. LITTLE GIRL.

Celeste

o

I have a few.
Val

o

SDC has long been a favorite of mine. But I think this one will be a winner when it reaches clump strength -
SILOAM SHOCKER

Kathy

o

I haven't managed to get many of my Siloams on the computer photo list yet(had a computer crash a couple years ago and have still been working on redoing the list-they were on low priority as I did have standard photos of them yet)-but here's a few
Siloam Double Rose
Siloam Double Rose
Siloam Olin Frasier
Siloam Olin Frazier
Siloam Tiny Tim
Siloam Tiny Tim

o

I don't have many Siloams since I don't care much for small flowers but I do have a few.. here they are....Ellie

Siloam Button Box

Siloam Double Classic

Siloam Dream Baby

Siloam New Toy

Siloam Wyatt LeFever

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here