Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Better late than never, more from 2012

celeste/NH
11 years ago

For those of you who liked my previous post of photos, here are some more from last summer.

This is my first attempt at posting pics with the new GW format so hopefully this all works out.

Celeste

SPIRIT OF THE DOVE
{{gwi:664861}}

PINK BRAID
{{gwi:664862}}

FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH
{{gwi:664863}}

HEAVENLY ORANGE BLAZE
{{gwi:664865}}

LAVENDER HEARTTHROB
{{gwi:664867}}

MEXICAN ART
{{gwi:664868}}

ICE CARNIVAL
{{gwi:664869}}

MEMORIALIZE
{{gwi:664871}}

PERSIAN RUBY (in foreground)
{{gwi:664873}}

DRESS BLUES
{{gwi:664877}}

DESERT ICICLE
{{gwi:664878}}

LUCIFER'S FIRE
{{gwi:664880}}

SONG OF PROMISE
{{gwi:664882}}

BOMBAY SILK
{{gwi:664884}}

GLORY TO HIS NAME
{{gwi:664886}}

WONDER OF IT ALL

CAT DANCER

LIBERTY BANNER

SPACECOAST DREAMCATCHER

HOT TOWN

AVIS JEAN

Comments (15)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

I think I can narrow down my favorites to the Spirit of the Dove, and Avis Jean. SOTD is a gorgeous color, I love the lavender with the huge green throat. Is that the real color or is it more on the purple side? I love the midribs on AJ. Purples are usually my favorites but this pink one is a winner for me. I have Lavender Heartthrob, new last fall, and can hardly wait for it to flower! Thanks so much for posting.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

OH GEE, Celeste,These are all so beautiful.Course my very favorite is WONDER OF IT ALL. but, love tha PINK BRAID, and FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH,. so pretty. and Love that MEXICAN ART., and LUCIFER'S FIRE. and HOT TOWN is a beauty, too. all are so pretty, and Thank you for posting them for us all to injoy.I will be so happy when the daylilies starts blooming again.and other flowers, too.

jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I am taking the easy way out and declaring them all my favorites. I have been looking at them over and over and I find something to love about each one. Thank you, Celeste, for the beautiful pictures, they always make my day. Hope there are more to come when you can spare the time. Avedon

• crackingtheconcrete
    11 years ago

I am always so happy to.see your pics! I also really like Spirit of a Dove and the SC Dreamcatcher is a gorgeous color and pattern! I'm amazed by how many daylilies just thrive at your place. I've been losing a lot of mine to freeze/thaws the last few winters. :/

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU to my friends for commenting on my pictures! I am always thankful for the enthusiasm and kind words from you. I will be posting more soon because even though the forum is quiet I know that some of you still check in to look.

For Marg & CTC.....I am so happy you all like 'Spirit of the Dove'. It is an intro that not many know about, from Christine Weitz and it is so, so beautiful. The color is definitely lavender, not purple, and the throat is so green the contrast is amazing. Mine grows in partial shade so the color doesn't fade for me and stays a luscious lavender all day. (More pics below).
    Glad you also like 'Avis Jean', Marg. This is a HUGE flower! A good 8 inches with very noticeable midribs. Love it.
    Jean, I'm posting another photo of 'Hot Town' for you. This one really stands out and I just love it.
    Avedon, you know...I'm with you...they're all my favorites too. There's something about each of them that makes me love them. I can't imagine a world without daylilies!
    Cracking, I do also love the pattern on 'SC Dreamcatcher'. It's just so unique. I'm surprised daylilies thrive so well here too. It gets so cold and the majority of mine are in raised beds. The past few winters have not been typical with little snowfall and above-average temps with the freeze/thaw you mention.
    So far I have been lucky and not lost any but I always fear losses each spring. Some of them get spring sickness and take forever to bounce back, but they always do.

Celeste

SPIRIT OF THE DOVE (again)
    {{gwi:664901}}
    {{gwi:664902}}

HOT TOWN (again)
    {{gwi:664903}}

• houstmag
    11 years ago

OH My what a bunch of beauties you have a gorgeous collection of DL's. I like them all but I think Cat Dancer is my favorite I've always admired and I wish it wasn't a dormant so I could grow it in my part of FL.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics. I'm with Linda and love the photo of CAT DANCER and I definitely could grow it here. So why haven't I gotten it yet? Maybe I will :-).
    Very much enjoying the pictures so keep'em coming.

Julia

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow!! had to come back again to look at these ggorgeous pictures and see you added ssome more,ThatHOT TOWN really stands out,,BUT, so do the others, too.They are just all so beautiful.Thank you for sharing them all with us.

jean

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Linda & Julia....'Cat Dancer' is definitely one of my favorite daylilies. I'm sorry for you Linda that you can't grow dormants where you are because I know you would love this one. Julia...you need to get it a.s.a.p.! And the price is always reasonable on this one.
    Jean....I'm going to post some more photos on a new thread as soon as possible because I know you enjoy them so much.

Celeste

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, had to come back again to check to see if any new pictures posted yet, and didnt find any, so looking at these beauties again.Can't get enough of them, they are so pretty..

jean

• lynxe
    11 years ago

I've been on a red rampage since last year, but I'm now thinking about adding SPIRIT OF THE DOVE to my collection, assuming it's available. I have only one daylily that I'd consider a lavender, so I might "need" it!

What's the branching and bud count been like for you on it? The AHS database says 3 and 14.

I have the same question about LIBERTY BANNER. Thanks!

• blue23rose
    11 years ago

Wonderful sets! I have Mexican Art and really love it! Love Cat Dancer:)

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

Super nice. I do grow a few of these, and then there are the ones I didn't know about :)
    Freedom Triumph looks like a nice one!!
    Cindy

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

Very pretty pictures! I am going to have to add Cat Dancer and Liberty Banner to my list of wants. This is an expensive place to visit!

• User
    11 years ago

How refreshing on snowy day to see so many beautiful blooms. I love Spirit of the Dover - quite spectacular. Thank you for the garden break!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH