Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More spring blooms

Posted by houstmag 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 14:16

It sure has been a warm winter here in FL, the DL's sure are confused and some have already bloomed.

Little Mystic Moon

Little Mystic Moon photo LittleMysticMoon.jpg

La Mer

LaMer photo LaMer.jpg

Arctic Angel

Arctic Angel photo ArcticAngel.jpg

Mike Rhoden

Mike Rhoden photo DSCN0745.jpg

Summer Dragon

Summer Dragon photo DSCN0743.jpg

I have scapes coming up on a few more so we will see what happens as it is finally supposed to be really cold this weekend.
Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More spring blooms

Hi Linda. The blooms are lovely. I especially like Summer Dragon.

My garden is confused too. My tulip tree has blooms ready to open...of course, that tree always blooms repeatedly after it has leafed out. all it takes is a rain and it puts out new blooms. The tulips are already beginning to bloom too, and the daffs have been blooming. The bridal wreath spirea is leafing out in time for the freeze to kill it, as usual.

We are getting that cold tonight, but it is only supposed to last a day or two. Whats a gardener to do?

kay

o

Nice Linda. I couldn't believe you have blooms already but then again, your in a warmer climate that me.

Julia

o

oh my, They are beautiful. I really like the first two, alot. very pretty. I will be happy when mine starts to bloom again, but, still a couple months away.

jean

o

Oh! What a great surprise to find these here :) I especially like La Mer, but all are sweet!

o

Linda, could you send some of your Florida warmth my way? I'm impressed that you have daylilies blooming already! ANY daylily blooming in February is a beauty so they are all pretty in my eyes but Little Mystic Moon is my favorite of these.

Celeste

o

A light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us! It is so good to see 2013 daylilies posted:)

They are all so pretty. I lie La Mer the best!

o

Wow, that's a lot of daylilies to be blooming already. On the south side of Houston, I don't have any spring scapes yet. The Jane magnolia (I'm still not sure if this is the same as a tulip tree) has been blooming like crazy this week, and two iris have scapes forming. We don't have any azaleas, but everyone else's are blooming heavily right now.

Nate

o

Very nice to see blooms on this cold day!
cindy

o

I am 2 hours NE of Houston and we are still getting very chilly temperatures. I was weeding today and was shocked to see a bloom scape coming up on Racing The Moon. I have never seen one this early - usually they start in April. Whats up with this I wonder? Winter hasnt been as cold as it can be, but still we have had freezing temps and things are just barely starting to wake up. Is this abnormal?
Judith

o

Judith it seems a lot of folks I know seem to be having blooms or scapes earlier than normal including me I usually don't see any scapes until end of March. Strange weather I guess I had to days of cold weather with frost this weekend and now it's warmed up again with temps in the mid eighties by this weekend no wonder the plants are confused.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here