Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Beautiful Blooms from last summer

celeste/NH
11 years ago

I'm cleaning out my files from last year to make room for 2013 and discovered tons of photos I was too busy to post.
I figure since I actually have a little time now and I know I won't later... (2 new grandbabies to watch & oldest daughter is expecting in June, plus Mom is bedridden now & her care is more demanding)...I figure I might not be posting much. I will have to do this in seperate posts since I have lots of pictures.

Celeste

TIFFANY GOLD (I love these large, textured blooms)
{{gwi:667312}}

CASTLE CAMELOT
{{gwi:667313}}

LIVE JAZZ
{{gwi:667314}}

BUBBLE YUMMIN MAMA
{{gwi:667315}}

TRAHLYTA
{{gwi:667316}}

LUCKY STREAK
{{gwi:667317}}

WATERMELON MOON
{{gwi:667318}}

NANCY BRITZ
{{gwi:667319}}

BIRD TALK
{{gwi:667320}}

FLORIDA SNOW ANGEL
{{gwi:667321}}

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS
{{gwi:667322}}

OX TEARS
{{gwi:667323}}

STONE BEACON
{{gwi:667324}}

FROSTED VINTAGE RUFFLES
{{gwi:667326}}

SILOAM SHOW GIRL
{{gwi:667327}}

CAROLINA SUNRISE

SHELBY'S SONG

TOAST AND JAM

KNIFE'S EDGE

ANGELUS ANGEL

Comments (10)

• katlynn719
    11 years ago

Celeste, Thanks for posting such a pretty group! The one that really caught my eye was NANCY BRITZ - love that green throat.
    Kathy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Well, if the addiction wasn't bad enough, I had to look at your pictures. I must say I think these are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, the colors are so vivid. You should be doing the photographs for the hybridizers. Love the seersuckering on Tiffany Gold (did you get that one because your daughter's name is Tiffany?), gorgeous Castle Camelot, I really need a DL that color, don't have any. Your pic of Lucky Streak kind of threw me since it so much resembles our Oriental lily Black Beauty. Love the green throat on Nancy Britz, and that's a stunner on Bird Talk. I could almost break my rule of not buying "shorties" but Siloam Show Girl is a color combination I love, and same goes for Toast and Jam. Really, they are all wonderful to me, and I will be looking forward to as many as you have time to post. Sorry to hear about your mom, wish there were some real words of comfort to offer, just know that we all care about you. Avedon

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!I have went up and down looking at each one, 5 times already, trying to pick out a favorite one out of them, and I can't choose one.They are all so beautifulEverytime I had it down to one I thought could be my favorite out of them, the next one was just as gorgeous,so I just gave up on finding a favorite one.Your picture taking is fabuleous, too, wish I could take pictures this good.I keep trying so maybe one dayI will get better at itYou sure put the right subject line on this posting,as they are really Beautiful blooms.Am so sorry about your mom.I know the extra work this will be for youI took care of two at the same time,and I know the work involved, but,I am sure you would not have it any other way either.Do hope you will have the time to take lots of pictures this year, too for us to injoy.You have so many gorgeous flowers,and its a blessing to be able to see photo's of them.Take care of yourself, too, Celeste.

Jean

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU Kathy, Avedon & Jean for your wonderful comments! It truly does make it worthwhile to post pictures when you are all so appreciative of my efforts.

Avedon, YES! I did get Tiffany Gold because of my youngest daughter Tiffany. She is blonde and this daylily is the perfect one for her. (Photo below...couldn't resist). Tiffany Gold is so delightful with it's seersucker texture, bright sunny color and it is HUGE...over 7 inches across. I highly recommend it.

Kathy, I also am in love with the green throat on Nancy Britz. It is breathtaking in a clump (photo below).

Jean, You are such a delight because you always enjoy my pictures so much and I am always pleased to share them with you. I hope your wrist is healing nicely and you can work outside when it warms up.

Thanks for the good wishes for my mother too.

Celeste

TIFFANY WITH 'TIFFANY GOLD'
    {{gwi:667333}}

A CLUMP OF 'NANCY BRITZ'
    {{gwi:667334}}

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

I really can't believe I only have 2 of all of those that you posted! I agree that your pictures are beautiful. Now I have to add a few more to my very long want list. If I keep hanging out here I will hit 2000 way too soon.
    Thanks for sharing such beauties with us, Theresa

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Haha Theresa...I know how hard it is to resist pretty daylilies! I have no more room but still placed a couple of orders for spring and I'll have to pot them up til I can make another raised bed. The winter is so long so I pass the time going online and making wish lists and hiding them from my hubby. I have so many that he won't even notice the newest additions and even if he asks, they're divisions of ones I already have...LOL.

Celeste

• flowergirl929
    11 years ago

POST MORE PLEASE!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

OH MYJean

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures! I'm with Jean, I can't choose a favorite, each one is just as beautiful as the next. This was a real pleasure to see this morning because we are getting heavy snowfall, 8" overnight and more expected. Nice to sit inside viewing these beauties! Marg

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Lovely.
    I noticed your first pic of NANCY BRITZ had the more pinkish/cream tones which is what I was expecting. The second picture you posted was definitely more white. Was the last one taken after a full day in the sun?
    Thanks for making a snowy day more enjoyable.

Julia

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH