Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

Is anyone else getting virus warnings?

Waitforspring
12 years ago

All of a sudden today when I try to get on Gardenweb from my computer AVG warns me about a virus. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not getting the message when I try other sites.

Val

Comments (12)

• swontgirl_z5a
    12 years ago

Me too with AVG. Every time I open a new screen. I posted okay.

• Ed
    12 years ago

Nope, no problem here. I'm running MSE with Malwarebytes.
    You might try to run Hitman Pro. It's pretty good for a second opinion.
    Ed

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Swontgirl, Sounds like it's and issue with AVG and it's really annoying isn't it?!
    Ed, I have malwarebytes too. I ran scans with both malwarebytes and AVG. Malwarebytes found no problems. AVG said it had quarantined the virus and I was fine. As soon as I tried gardenweb again I got the same virus warning message. I'll check out Hitman. Thanks so much for the responses.
    Val

• mizellie
    12 years ago

I'm running Norton and Malwarebytes and have had no warnings. Interesting!! Ellie

• tepelus
    12 years ago

Must be it has something to do with AVG because I'm not getting it either. Perhaps it has something to do with their advertising, an ad that even though you have a pop-up blocker that AVG is still picking up as a threat. I'd let the administrators know what's happening. People in the hosta forum seem to be getting the same virus warning. Seems like this site gets these once or twice a year.

Karen

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, you are right. I did a search and it seems something similar happened last July with AVG. Last time I checked it was still happening.
    Val

• shive
    12 years ago

AVG was giving me virus warnings from here for the past two days. Photobucket is messed up too. A lot of my photos are missing, and I can't seem to post any here this week on the alphabet threads.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

I also am missing photos from photobucket as well. I had been searching for weeks for photos I knew I uploaded but now are not in any of the folders. It also seems like Photobucket has made some changes/adding new features and I was wondering if this has something to do with the missing photos. I can post but can't find the photos and don't have the time right now to upload them all again.

I don't have AVG but did at one time but found it was giving me false/positive warnings.

Julia

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't use photobucket so I don't have that problem. Sounds like you have a double whammy, Debra.
    This is the first time I've had a problem with AVG. Hope it gets solved soon.
    Val

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'd reported this problem to gardenweb and they sent me this link. I can't get on my computer right now. DH is using it, but hopefully the problem is solved.
    Val

Here is a link that might be useful: Virus warning info

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hooray!! It does seem to be fixed. I can now use gardenweb on my computer without constant warnings and having to run a scan 3 times a day!
    Val

• swontgirl_z5a
    12 years ago

Yup-good for me too!

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions