Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pondering color for color's sake

Posted by lisa_3 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 23:09

I have been going over pictures while waiting for spring and checking out catalogs and new things offered on the LA. I find in my own gardens I have added many eyed, edged, bi tone, etc and have gradually removed just pure solid color daylilies bit by bit. In the catalogs and LA-I see much of the same. I have begun to realize I would hate to see the pure colors be 'bred out' So-that being said-what daylilies do you like without the bells and whistles-just pure color? Hope this makes sense. lol After seeing it in my Aunt's yard, I had to get Mary's Baby.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pondering color for color's sake

Old Tangiers during a good summer-great temps and water a good example of orange.

o

Hi, Lisa, I know just what you mean. I like solid colors, or those that have a lot of subtle shading of the same colors, Most of these in our garden will be oldies, but that's fine with me. I am sending along a few examples, perfect to do on a rainy afternoon. Avedon

Bodacious Returns photo 100_1551.jpg

Bodacious Returns

Single Somebody photo 100_1688.jpg

Our NOID "Single Somebody"

photo 100_1012.jpg

Smoky Mountain Autumn

photo 100_0957.jpg

My seedling I have named Renoir's Inspiration

photo 100_0966.jpg

Midnight Magic

photo 100_0929.jpg

Siloam Double Classic

photo 100_0927.jpg

Voila Francois--the only frilly DL we have, I prefer the simpler forms

photo 100_0830.jpg

Golliwog

Turkish Turban photo 100_0237.jpg

Turkish Turban---One of our biggest favorites--I see I didn't downsize this one, but I don't think there will be many complaints.

photo 100_1034.jpg

J. Carpenter seedling

photo 100_1141.jpg

Chance Encounter

photo 100_1061.jpg

Joan Senior

Jean's Joyful Noise rebloom photo 100_1750-1.jpg

"Jean's Joyful Noise"

Starstruck Twins photo 100_1641.jpg

Starstruck

Burning Inheritance photo 100_1193.jpg

Last One---Burning Inheritance

I do have more, but I will save them for another rainy day. Hope there are some here you like.

o

Smokey Mountain Autumn is just one of the flowers where the color is just so perfect it doesn't need extra fluff!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here