Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
to all my friends on the forum,I'm back :)

Posted by jean_ar z8 Ar (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 2:16

HELLO, EVERY ONE THAT WAS WISHING ME WELL, WITH THE SURGERIES ON MY EYES. I DIDNT KNOW I HAD ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY EYES OTHER THEN MY GLASSES DIDNT SEEM STRONG ENOUGH NO MORE, SO WENT TO GET EYES CHECKED AND GET NEW GLASSES AND THE DR WOULDNT PRESCRIBE ANY. SAID I NEEDED SURGERY TO REMOVE CATARACTS,AND HAD TO BE DONE RIGHT AWAY AS I WAS ALMOST BLIND, AND HE SENT ME TO A SURGEON OUT OF TOWN,SAYING HE WAS THE BEST IN THE STATE, ,AND I FOUND OUT HE WAS RIGHT, TOO.tHIS SURGEON SAID HE WOULD TRY HARD TO SAVE MY EYES, BUT WOULD BE A 50/50 CHANCE.WELL, HE DID A GREAT JOB AND I HAVE NOT WORN GLASSES SINCE THE SURGERY, BUT HE DID SAY I MAY NEED TO WEAR READING GLASSES, BUT HAVE TO WAIT AWHILE TO SEE.AS MY EYES WILL BE HEALING FOR AWHILE. I HAD 3 BOTTLES OF EYE DROPS TO PUT IN EACH DAY 3 TIMES A DAY, THEN WHEN THEY WAS GONE, HE SENT 3 MORE BOTTLES SO I AM STILL PUTTING DROPS IN MY EYES. BUT, CAN SEE NOW PRETTY DARN GOOD.tHANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND WELL WISHES FOR ME.

JEAN ps, didn't know I had caps on, sorry about that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: to all my friends on the forum,I'm back :)

Welcome back Jean!

Nate

o

So glad you are back & everything went well. It is good it all happened while your daylilies were asleep :) I bet you will really enjoy your garden this year.

o

Welcome back, Jean! You are just in time to enjoy watching your garden awaken. So glad things are going well. Ann

o

Best of luck with your eyes. I've been there and done that, but it was one eye at a time, with a couple of years between the lens replacements. It's been a good 20 years since the first eye was done, and my eyes are fine. I use reading glasses for close work, but that's all.

o

Jean, I just thought the caps were because you were so excited to be able to see well again and be back on the forum...welcome back!

o

Glad to hear from you, Jean! And best wishes!

o

Thank you all so much. yes I was excited to be back and back on the forum, maybe that's why I didn't notice I had caps on till I was ready to sign my name, then I realized I was using caps..I got back to some weeds, and today was working on pulling up weeds. can't do much at a time, because of age and severe back problems, but,I will get it done.Had a birthday while I was gone and got another year older.Can't hardly wait to see daylily blooms again.I'm sure they will look even better now,that I can see better(and no glasses right now) I am hoping I wont have to wear glasses no more.but, i'll wait and see.
Take care, every one,

jean

o

Jean: So glad to read that your back and everything went okay with the surgeries. Take care,
Julia

o

Thank you,Julia. yes, its good to be back home. was staying with a daughter so she could put drops in my eyes and see that all was going good with them,
take care,, jean

o

Welcome back, Jean!

o

FarawayFarmer , thank you for the response and good wishes. I had both eyes done with a week in between,, I was put to sleep for both surgeries because I have such severe back problems and Dr said I had to be very still and not move a muscle,He knew that wasn't possible with my bad back,and also bad arthuritis in my neck and shoulders.I had a very bad time trying to be still during the eye test the dr done him self.There was I believe 4 ladies that each done a test on my eyes, but the last one he done him self as it was very important it had to be perfect.I am so glad its over and I can see good now.Can't wait to see the daylily blooms now.

Thank you , CHRIS,am so glad to be back and not wearing glasses right now. am hoping they are a thing of the past.
take care,

jean

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 12:36

Great to see you are back with us. Pretty scary story about how serious your eyesight had gotten. You were truly blessed to have such fine doctors taking care of it for you.....Welcome back.....Maryl

o

maryL. yes, I have been truly blessed that the dr here found my problem and sent me to the very best eye surgeon in the state. and the surgeon follows up to make sure everything gos right.I kept telling my daughter that I am being drowned in eye drops,and I have always hated putting drops in my eyes, but really not fussing about the drops,asI know the dr. knows more then me about it.just be glad when these bottles are empty.
take care now,, jean

o

Hi Jean,
I haven't been on the forum since the fall myself so I didn't know that you'd had eye problems, but I'm so glad to hear that everything went well and you are on the road to recovery and will be ready to enjoy bloom season.
Val

o

Thank you Val.I am so glad I went to get new glasses or I would not have know I needed surgery so bad.i just thought I needed them new glasses bad.

jean

o

Jean, you should be in for a real treat this bloom season - it will be a kaleidoscope of colors! Best wishes,
Kathy

o

Wishing you the very best recovery, Jean. I am glad you are back!

o

KATHY; Thank you so much. now I can see your photos of your roses, better, tooand your beautiful daylilies.Looks like these eye drops is never going to run out :)

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here