Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginny_mclean_petite_garden

New for 2012

Hello fellow daylily addicts *spoken with a happy heart to be included as one-of-you*! Feeling somewhat better now and so excited to get out in the dirt. Unfortunately, we are still under about a foot of snow! *sigh* Still, I have been shopping from my window here, watching the feather dusters fill up on yummies. Some of the DLs in the garage are still thriving in their pots. Dormants are sleeping still. I just can't wait to see who made it through this weird winter we have been having.*dancing in my chair* Hopefully the loss won't be too extreme. I have ordered these beauties to make up for any losses. :) I am sure this is only the beginning! I still have half a yard to dig up! :)

Happy spring everyone even though it is not official till the 20th!

Ginny

All Things Regal

Antique Linen

Bill Munson

Bill Robinson

Bound for Glory

Carved Initials

Christmas Greetings

Eternally Grateful

Eyes Delight

Fly Me to the Moon

Gilded Scarlet

Ida�s Legacy

Jacquline Kennedy Onasis

Nature�s Poetry

Queen�s Coronation

Rachel Klee

Red Brocade

Reflections in the Water

Send Me a Rainbow

Shadows of the Rainbow

Susie Tee

Time Cannot Erase

Triple Cherries

Victorian Christmas

William Steen

Comments (9)

• Edward_Kimball
    12 years ago

Happy soon to be spring!! I only have a few new daylilies coming in this year. They are:

August Wedding
    Barney
    Pink Titan
    Full Moon over Blomidon

• Cindy zone 6a
    12 years ago

Ginny I have Susie Tee, and it does well here in Ohio.
    I have a few coming in my spring orders!! I have the room all plotted out and each has its spot, but it will require some digging and moving others around. But what fun it will be. I am also anxious to see how all fared during this winter . Hey, I heard the spring frogs last night, that is a week earlier than from the last 2 years. So Spring is on it's way.
    New ones that I have coming
    Picotee Prism
    Water Drops
    Aragon
    Subtle Knife
    Dovelicious
    Dancing Chevrons
    Ellis Powell
    Waxwing Watercolor
    Pebble in a Pond
    Poly Parrot
    Spacecoast Freaky Tiki
    City of New Orleans.

Any comment on any of these is welcomed!!

• bluenosens
    12 years ago

Ginny, WIll you ever be busy. I have J.K Onassis[it does well here], and Bill Munson should bloom this year. Edward, August Wedding is just perfect. A very good plant. Dipsych, I confess I have none of the beauties you ordered. I do have Bristling FUry, See Me Feel Me, Touch Me, SHinning Like The Sun, Who Day? Pinnacle Pink, James Prissy Kristi, Garnet Jewel, Zahadoom, and Purple Badger coming with a few others. Planting a lot less this year as I'm moving stuff around and others out. Cheers, lloyd

• Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yay!!! For everyone! I don't have ANY of the others mentioned but I sure have a lot of DLs in pots! I almost bought Freaky Tiki last spring but have yet to have a DL start from a root in peat moss. It was only available through a garden centre catalogue. I prefer fresh dug fans.

There are so many DLs being registered every year and why not? They are so much fun to breed! If all my babies made it through the winter and with the ones I already have and the ones coming, I will have about 400 different cultivars! They are catching up with my irises! :) I love this addiction!!!

Now I gotta go look up the ones mentioned. I almost bought August Wedding and City Of New Orleans last year too but they were sold out. I gotta figure out how to boost my garden budget for this season???? :)

Must have plants, they are my drugs! * as I drool over the new releases*. Look forward to hearing what others are planting.

Ginny

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

I'm doing some serious landscaping this year and I'm trying to cut back on the number of daylilies I grow so I only have two older ones coming this spring from a trade--
    Carrick Wildon and Women Seeking Men.

Val

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    12 years ago

Just got the first daylilies of my orders in today - the much coveted Jamaican Rainbows and La La Fabulosa - and a great gift of Raspberry Frisbee. I have alot coming from the Lily Auction and from 3 websites - am afraid I got a little carried away....but I plan to edge alot of new beds with daylilies so hopefully I will get them mostly planted. I need to just quit looking at the Lily Auction - seems I always find "just one more" I have to have!
    Judith

• Edward_Kimball
    12 years ago

Val, you are going to love Carrick Wildon. Goldner daylilies are awesome performers. I have heard good things about Women Seeking Men too.

• organic_kitten
    12 years ago

Very nice list, Ginny. You will be very busy. I intend to add only a couple this year and replace three that died. We'll see how that goes.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info Edward. I had both of these on my wish list so was thrilled to get them in trade. I got Barney last year, but it hasn't bloomed yet. I'm looking forward to it after seeing the lovely pictures on this forum. August Wedding is one I've heard great things about and I hope to get it when I get organized. Love the near whites.
    Val