Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had loads of POLYS last year....images

Posted by celestialrose zone 4/5 NH (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 11:34

This will probably be my last post for a good long while. My daylilies won't start up til July (roses in June) and I've run out of pics from 2012 to show, plus I will be taking care of new grandbaby when he's born in late May/early June in addition to Mom, and 2 other grandbabies! So my plate is overflowing! I still have too much snow here to get out and start garden work but as soon as it's gone I will have to get the gardens in order before it gets too hectic. I'll check in to see your posts but won't have time for posting my own til who knows when. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to seeing new blooms from you folks in warmer climates soon!

Anyway, I noticed more polys last summer so I took some pictures. Did anyone else notice more than usual?

Celeste

RED EYED FANTASY
Red Eyed Fantasy poly

MILDRED MITCHELL
Mildred Mitchell poly

CUSTARD CANDY (bottom right)
Custard Candy

PICK OF THE LITTER
Pick of the Litter poly

LUNAR MIST
Lunar Mist poly

SCARLET PIMPERNEL
poly

DESTINED TO SEE
poly bloom

CLAIRVOYANT LADY
Clairvoyant Lady poly

HEAVENLY FIRE ARROW

Heavenly Fire Arrow

PINHILL PURPLE SURPRISE
Pinhill Purple Surprise poly

MY beautiful, fragrant NOID (which I now think is 'Wind Song')
poly NOID

TUTANKHAMUN
Tutankhamun poly

CIRCUS PERFORMER
Circus Performer poly

ANGELS DELIGHT
poly Angels Delight

MOONLIT MASQUERADE
Moonlit Masquerade poly

PREDICTION
poly on Prediction

NOID seedling
NOID seedling poly

RUFFLED SHOWOFF
Ruffled Showoff poly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had loads of POLYS last year....images

Hi Celeste,

I did have a lot more poly's last year or extra stuff almost like they were trying to double on me. Rumble in the Jungle had extra every bloom last year.

I'm just finding time to get back on here. I've been away for a while. Busy with grandkids and own health problems. Hopefully this year I'll be able to find time to be on here more often.

Congrats on the new grandbaby that is on the way. Will enjoy seeing you post when you can.

Andrea

o

Yep, I did notice more, but not nearly so many as you, I really like polys, so I was happy to see Rocket Blaster and El Desperado poly.

It sounds as if you have your hands full. Lucky you are so young and full of energy.

kay

o

Quite a collection! I don't think I've ever seen Custard Candy poly, and you have two blooms the same day. Destined to See, with its big darting eyezone, is particularly attractive.

o

I love poly's! Thanks for the pix, I especially liked Lunar Mist :)

o

well, you had a lot of them and they are all beautiful. I oly had one poly, or if I had more I didnt notice them.I will be watching closely this year.Thank you for posting these beauties.

jean

o

I may have posted this before but I really just love it. It's Bass Gibson

o

The only word I can come-up with is WOW. What a colllection of beautiful Flowers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here