Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plantstep Flower Software

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 12:37

If you haven't heard about Plantstep software for keeping track of your daylilies and making a catalog, you might want to check it out. I've never had a database for my daylilies, but now that I'm getting older I have trouble remembering the names of all 650 of my daylilies. This software makes it a breeze to quickly put together a database and add pictures. You just click on the cultivars you have, and the program automatically adds all the stats for you. And with the one-time cost of the program, you can post your catalog online. The Plantstep catalog is a great place to shop for reasonably priced daylilies too. There are lots of folks with catalogs there from whom I've bought in the past. Jordan's Daylilies, Patricia Ball, Robert O'Neal and Dragon Meade (Packrat on the Lily Auction) are some I recommend.

Here's my catalog I created in just a couple of days:

http://www.Plantstep.com/FlowerCatalog.psl?action=11247

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plantstep Flower Software

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 18:35

Debra: A neat idea. I sent it to a Rose friend of mine who is a big grower and wanted a spreadsheet type record for herself. She's a Mac user so don't know if it would work for her, but it's interesting none the less.......I like the way it looks too. Easy to read. Some websites are such a mess that ordering is a chore at best....Is this the first year you've tried it? Was it easy to fill in? ............Maryl

o

Maryl - Yes, I've only had the program for about two weeks now. It was super easy to use. If you do have a question, the program developers get back to you very quickly with answers. I used to be able to remember the names and where all my daylilies were planted without a database. But as I get older, I'm finding I get more forgetful. That's why I decided to get the program. And when I found out putting the catalog online was free with the low cost of the program - $29.00 - I decided that was a good deal.

Debra

o

I was looking at this program some time ago and for some reason thought it's more for hybridizers. Right now my Excel spreadsheet is enough for me, but this looks like a neat thing.
Btw, at first I tried googling the link and it took me to your ATP thread :)

o

Here's the hotlink. It should take you to my catalog, and you can access the others and info about the software from there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plantstep Catalog

o

Is this helpful software if you aren't planning to sell plants? I bought some software a few years ago and then my computer died and I never retrieved the software. I'm looking for a personal database that lets me indicate where plants are located in the garden, and I wasn't sure if this software allows you to track that.

I'm assuming you upload your own photos? Your catalog looks beautiful.

Chris

o

I've had PlantStep for about 3 years now. I love it. I don't post my catalog as this is just for my own "get organized" and "keep track" requirement and also to check who I bought certain plants from, pricing, etc. I like the hybridizing feature as well.

I think the pricing is very reasonable for what it can do. JMO.

Julia

o

Chris - I think its a great personal database for you plants. It has a place where you can designate what bed a daylily is in. I haven't used that part of the program yet.

Julia - I do like that it has a place to put where you bought the daylily. That's always helpful info if the plant turns out not to be the one you ordered.

Debra

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 22:22

Hmm, I'll have to check it out. Right now I have 800+ roses and a couple hundred daylilies kept on excel sheets...where of course I have to key all the info myself. Might be worth looking into.

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here