o
whites

Posted by pointgarden 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 13:06

What's your whitest daylily.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whites

Of the 4 whites that I grow, Forsyth Summer Snow is my whitest daylily. The other 3 whites are Arctic Lace, Joan Senior, and Admiral's Braid. I had seen Gentle Shepherd at a garden center and it was very white too. Here is Forsyth Summer Snow pic. It actually looks whiter in person.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 0:50

These are my sort of white ones. I don't think all of these are considered white, but Winter Treasure is the whitest.
Artic Lace
Victorian Lace
Winter Treasure
Wonder of It All

o

I would agree with Winter Treasure.
WINTER TREASURE photo WINTERTREASURE6_zps24d3178b.jpg

Victorian Lace is a disaster here.

o

I have Gentle Shepherd & it is probably the whitest rounded daylily in my garden. Heavenly Angel Ice is the whitest spider type.

o

Winter Treasure is my whitest, too!

o

Gentle Shepherd hands down. Simple form but brilliant. I have it and many other whites as companions to a large number of pinks and reds. I think the color of any DL can be shown to it's best with other carefully chosen neighbors. I don't put one white near any other to stop any comparison. Next to a rich color most whites will read a nice white.

o

WINTER TREASURE looks like a winner. You guys should offer your pictures to the database. Much better than what they have!

o

wren-garden: Exactly my thoughts with whites but also with yellow. Sometimes a pop of yellow or white makes your eyes appreciate the other colors. :-)

o

Ice Carnival is very nice. A nice robust plant with nice big dramatic flowers.

o

Just planted Margot Reed Indeed last fall, and it went to the trouble to bloom before the snow. WOW! I can hardly wait to see what it looks like with a bit of time to set roots. My old favorite white, which looks white to me, is Joan Senior. Lime Frost is nice, white, and late.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here